Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 111 - 120 of 821 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...83

Forum » Thread

twenty five years ago today
I drank my last drink and did my last drug. In August 92 I quit a three pack per day minimum smoking habit. Shortly after that backpacking began.

In Chaff » twenty five years ago today
November 14, 9:45am

Re: Synmat
Kevin what do you mean by insulation works both ways

In GEAR » Results of comparing r-value, cost and weight to Downmat vs. Synmat
November 12, 10:15pm

Re: points to consider
I had a synmat the non ul with pump go flat on me on a sept trip to the winds with my first night being in the low to mid teens I had to blow it up 2-3 times per night. And its a lot of fun trying...

In GEAR » Results of comparing r-value, cost and weight to Downmat vs. Synmat
November 12, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Big agnes scout ul2
Its not a big interest to me either but I was quite critical of the first model and I see alot of improvement in this new model. Sometimes I wonder if the designers actually use the stuff they buil...

In GEAR » Big agnes scout ul2
November 12, 12:49pm

Re: Interesting concept/product: Foldable Origami Kayak
Cool and great weight for a kayak now we need the UL model

In GEAR » Interesting concept/product: Foldable Origami Kayak
November 11, 6:20pm

Big agnes scout ul2
I couldn't play the video on prolites site but it looks like they made some improvements to the scout like a beak or vestibule and screen on the door

In GEAR » Big agnes scout ul2
November 11, 9:43am

Re: Free MLD Gear
I think that is a stupid thing to do and at this moment I feel a little bit like when G.W. announced that when he is elected we will all get our stimulus check. One big difference is that five minu...

In Gear Deals » Free MLD Gear
November 06, 10:39am

staked footprint
I don't get the purpose of the small staked footprint a little extra cord gets you around objects like trees and rocks which work to stake and guy out the tent also. I can appreciate a small ...

In GEAR » Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
November 06, 8:40am

Re: Re: Re: SS over Ti?
I have an old sigg pot that's black coated aluminum outside SS inside with a SS lid/frypan its 3 quarts I believe and weighs like 13 oz. Lid included. Then you added a outback oven ul and a 19...

In Gear Deals » Montbell pots
November 06, 6:06am

Re: Re: Southbound CDT Thru
Thanks for sharing that.

In Post-Trip Reports » Southbound CDT Thru
November 05, 6:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.