BPL Community Profile

b willi jones (mrjones) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale best place in the world !?
About Me kia ora, i was born in '74 in the 'shadow of Aoraki' (Mt Cook) in a town called Twizel, in the South Island of New Zealand. i havnt lived there for quite some time, but i still call it home. im not getting any younger, but i love getting outdoors and acting the goat.

favorite quote - "less is more, more or less"
CityOtepoti
StateOtago
CountryAotearoa
My PDF Gear List3 season NZ

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by b willi jones

Showing 111 - 120 of 135 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

backpacking with heavy/newbs
heard the phrase 'short term pain, long term gain'?. its a small sacrifice to make at this stage. i think you should suck it up, take some of the heavier gear for them, & save the ultra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 3:39pm

people are ruining backpacking
yeah, you tell em Rich S. i first started looking at the forums on another site, the backpacker magazine i think, people there always seemed to be bitchn at each other, i thought some of those ...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
July 15, 1:50am

hexamid for 6 ft 6
calling all Hexamid users..., im looking to get one of these tarps, but im tallish, & i use the 6ft 6 sleeping bag, sometimes with the large MLD Superlight bivy. we can get pretty nasty weathe...

In GEAR » hexamid for 6 ft 6
July 12, 10:53pm

question for aarn users
i cant say that im an Aarn user, but i did go to a meeting at the local tramping club a while back where Aarn was doing a talk on his 'bodypacks'. they look well made but i wasnt taken wit...

In GEAR » Question for Aarn users
July 12, 10:13pm

prophet 'comfortable carry' weight
still havnt placed my order. i was also wondering how much weight y'all carry 'comfortably' in your prophet packs. base weight at the moment is around 4kg (without the pack) but hopeful...

In GEAR » MLD super prophet hip belt
July 12, 5:34pm

super prophet hip belt wings
cool as, thanks Thom. ive just been reading one of your old posts from when you got your super prophet, those photos really help

June 29, 7:15pm

MLD super prophet hip belt
kia ora, i was thinking about ordering one of these packs, i would need a size large, and was wondering about adding the larger Ark sized hip belt option. every other pack i have used has had a...

June 29, 4:44pm

hip labrum tear repair - ouch
hey Mike, dont know if your watching this thread or not, but ive just had athroscopy surgery to repair the torn labrum in my left hip, also had to reshape the bone. my problem had been getting wors...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hip Labrum Tear Repair
June 20, 9:15pm

Re: AT 500 mile section hike
yeah, i think you should shorten up on that spectra cord leash, - those box turtle things sure can move, you dont want it to get away on ya, i would hate to see another hiker get savaged. if it ...

In Gear Lists » AT 500 mile section hike
May 28, 4:48pm

Re: Re: Re: which stake do you carry?
NZ lamb, with mint jelly mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - repackaged of course - you guys are making me hungry

In GEAR » which stake do you carry?
May 20, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by b willi jones

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
i have the MLD Spirit 38 and find it to be a very versatile bit of equipment. the weather here in NZ can get a tad wet and having a synthetic quilt can be a good option. i also have a down quilt, but ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
July 15, 5:13am

Mountain Laurel Designs SoloMid Cuben
another fantastic product from MLD. ive had a 2 person tunnel tent from fairydown, and an MSR Hubba, but this cuben Solomid from MLD is something else... i use hiking poles from Leki, so didnt see...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
July 15, 4:41am

MLD Super Prophet
getting a new pack was a tough decision for me. being in NZ, you dont get a lot of choice at the local outdoor stores, and getting one made from MLD was going to take time and money, so it had to be r...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 15, 4:06am