Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

b willi jones (mrjones) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale NZ,,, best place in the world !?
About Me kia ora, i was born in '74 in the 'shadow of Aoraki' (Mt Cook) in a town called Twizel, in the South Island of New Zealand. i havnt lived there for quite some time, but i still call it home. im not getting any younger, but i love getting outdoors and acting the goat.

favorite quote - "less is more, more or less"
My PDF Gear List3 season NZ

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by b willi jones

Showing 111 - 120 of 141 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Done with WM
what kind of soap/washing stuff did you use? did you dry it in a dryer with a couple of tennis balls to help break up the down?

In GEAR » Done with WM
December 04, 8:58pm

WM reg vs long
kia ora, i just picked up a WM bag in regular for my wife, which i also planned on using for some colder solo trips. im around 183cm tall & 90kg, and the bag is a little on the small side. if t...

In GEAR » WM Regular vs. Long
November 03, 3:11am

try end 2 end trail suppy, sweet to deal with, should have some stock by the looks of it, may not be the model you are after though

In GEAR » Oware Question & Tarp Question
August 31, 6:48pm

u l fone
right on Rich S, i agree. w t f? no one do smoke signals any more? wts th wrld cmn 2?

In GEAR » UL Cell Phone
August 03, 3:53am

they both weigh sweet f.a so i carry both. the firesteel along with a swiss army classic knife, photon torch & fox 40 whistle i carry on lanyard, the mini bic goes in with my cook set. just cov...

In GEAR » Bic: The lighter lighter
July 23, 1:17am

anyone??? Fastwalker? i have read & seen a photo on an earlier post, i think it will give me enough coverage, but are there any practical issues when using the Hexamid with longer sleeping bags...

In GEAR » hexamid for 6 ft 6
July 22, 11:33pm

backpacking with heavy/newbs
heard the phrase 'short term pain, long term gain'?. its a small sacrifice to make at this stage. i think you should suck it up, take some of the heavier gear for them, & save the ultra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 3:39pm

people are ruining backpacking
yeah, you tell em Rich S. i first started looking at the forums on another site, the backpacker magazine i think, people there always seemed to be bitchn at each other, i thought some of those ...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
July 15, 1:50am

hexamid for 6 ft 6
calling all Hexamid users..., im looking to get one of these tarps, but im tallish, & i use the 6ft 6 sleeping bag, sometimes with the large MLD Superlight bivy. we can get pretty nasty weathe...

In GEAR » hexamid for 6 ft 6
July 12, 10:53pm

question for aarn users
i cant say that im an Aarn user, but i did go to a meeting at the local tramping club a while back where Aarn was doing a talk on his 'bodypacks'. they look well made but i wasnt taken wit...

In GEAR » Question for Aarn users
July 12, 10:13pm

All Reader Reviews by b willi jones

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
i have the MLD Spirit 38 and find it to be a very versatile bit of equipment. the weather here in NZ can get a tad wet and having a synthetic quilt can be a good option. i also have a down quilt, but ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
July 15, 5:13am

Mountain Laurel Designs SoloMid Cuben
another fantastic product from MLD. ive had a 2 person tunnel tent from fairydown, and an MSR Hubba, but this cuben Solomid from MLD is something else... i use hiking poles from Leki, so didnt see...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
July 15, 4:41am

MLD Super Prophet
getting a new pack was a tough decision for me. being in NZ, you dont get a lot of choice at the local outdoor stores, and getting one made from MLD was going to take time and money, so it had to be r...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 15, 4:06am