BPL Community Profile

b willi jones (mrjones) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale best place in the world !?
About Me kia ora, i was born in '74 in the 'shadow of Aoraki' (Mt Cook) in a town called Twizel, in the South Island of New Zealand. i havnt lived there for quite some time, but i still call it home. im not getting any younger, but i love getting outdoors and acting the goat.

favorite quote - "less is more, more or less"
CityOtepoti
StateOtago
CountryAotearoa
My PDF Gear List3 season NZ

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by b willi jones

Showing 111 - 120 of 125 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Re: which stake do you carry?
kia ora, i carry a mixture of stakes, 7 in total for tarp use. i use 1x vargo ti nail for pilot holes in real hard ground, 2x aluminum v stakes for the main guy lines when doin a lean-to, 4x alumin...

In GEAR » which stake do you carry?
May 20, 6:09pm

aqua mira pre-mix
cool as, thanks for the fast reply, just aswell i didnt try that one. i already have the drops but might switch to the tabs when i finish these. i guess i could use them up by adding the AM to bee...

In GEAR » pre-mixing aqua mira drops?
May 06, 4:37pm

pre-mixing aqua mira drops?
kia ora, i was wondering if it is possible to pre-mix aqua mira drops (part A/part B) before you hit the trail? does this product have a short 'shelf life' once mixed? i was thinking it m...

In GEAR » pre-mixing aqua mira drops?
May 06, 4:09pm

Hooker Valley - Aoraki National Park
this is an easy track taking you to the Hooker Glacier terminal lake, its about 3hrs return. or you can carry on over the Copland Pass and beyond, if you have the gear and know how to use it.

In Post-Trip Reports » Hooker Valley - Aoraki National Park
April 30, 8:53pm

Mueller Hut - New Zealand
the bottom photo is the first, gets higher from there, Mueller Hut is at about 1800m where my wife and i stayed the night, perfect sunrise in the morning, with some cool cloud hanging in the valley...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mueller Hut - New Zealand
April 29, 7:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: More Ideas
kia ora Bob, i just used a dremel type tool to whip the teeth off, then filed the rest, finished with some wet n dry sandpaper. i cant believe i got sucked into buying a spork in the first place. g...

In GEAR » Self Contained Solo Cooksets
April 29, 6:26pm

Re: Re: More Ideas
i use an evernew ti pot 600 with lid, snow peak ti cup with folding handle removed, brunton folding ti spork which is now a spoon after i reshaped in my lab, a primus micron ti stove with primus g...

In GEAR » Self Contained Solo Cooksets
April 29, 3:09pm

Re: Re: Light My Fire...
i agree with this, those plastic ones are generally crap in my opinion. one thing i do like is the actual shape of the spoon end, its great at home for eating yoghurt. i also tend to eat using my r...

In Multiple Use Gear » Ti Spork / Knife
April 15, 3:55pm

as long as i want it to be
thanks for that,Cameron those photos are cool. ive tried a few things out and have got it under control. if i look hard enough i see i have spare cord all around me anyway, on a jacket, the draw co...

In GEAR » HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING?
March 25, 2:33pm

HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING?
kia ora, i was wonderin what length tie-out line yall use on your tarps? do you keep them attatched or just hook em up depending on the type of pitch? 2 long on the corner, one long at the center e...

In GEAR » HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING?
March 10, 12:14pm

All Reader Reviews by b willi jones

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
i have the MLD Spirit 38 and find it to be a very versatile bit of equipment. the weather here in NZ can get a tad wet and having a synthetic quilt can be a good option. i also have a down quilt, but ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
July 15, 5:13am

Mountain Laurel Designs SoloMid Cuben
another fantastic product from MLD. ive had a 2 person tunnel tent from fairydown, and an MSR Hubba, but this cuben Solomid from MLD is something else... i use hiking poles from Leki, so didnt see...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
July 15, 4:41am

MLD Super Prophet
getting a new pack was a tough decision for me. being in NZ, you dont get a lot of choice at the local outdoor stores, and getting one made from MLD was going to take time and money, so it had to be r...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 15, 4:06am