Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike Oxford (moxford) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Silicon Valley, CA
About Me Mike Oxford has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Oxford

Showing 111 - 120 of 145 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Temps and water
Yup, aware of temps and water issues. 2-3 days max, leading up to a friend's "turning 40" party in Las Vegas. Figured I'm going to be in the area anyways for that, why not try t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas - July
May 31, 3:45pm

Las Vegas - July
Going to be in that area in July. Any must-see/must-hike/must-camp around there? Red Rocks? Valley of Fire? TIA! -mox

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas - July
May 30, 4:35pm

Weight
Tikka w/Core is 3.1oz on my scale (headband w/whistle included :P ) You can remove the headlamp/battery from the headband receiver if you want. Tikka charges a single battery in 3 hours; those ...

In GEAR » USB rechargeable flashlight / headlamp?
April 15, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: USB rechargeable flashlight / headlamp?
I have the Tikka w/Core. It's a USB-battery pack, basically. If you need to, you can remove the Core and use standard batteries. I love mine. -mox

In GEAR » USB rechargeable flashlight / headlamp?
April 15, 3:47pm

Stakes
Those are pretty cool. Hong Kong-based, though, for shipping costs. -mox

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 13, 6:51pm

Washers
I wonder if Tyvek Homewrap strips would be better for mounting the washers than the tape .

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
April 13, 5:09pm

IMHO
Start small...stuff sacks/pillows and the like. Cheap and stable materials like cotton to begin. Rip up old clothes and just get a feel for the machine and the craft. Try sewing one old t-shirt ...

In Make Your Own Gear » new to MYOG, new sewing machine. Project?
April 11, 4:54pm

Re: Ideas?
Concealed weaponry, especially of this type, would probably be frowned upon my most LEOs and rangers. Looks up your local laws on cane-swords, tube projectiles and the like. If you're wanti...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bamboo Trekking Pole
April 11, 2:19pm

Tip: Pins and needles and ... magnets?
While making a tyvek bivy, I didn't want to perforate it at all. Others may face the same when working with cuben, to hold things in place while glue setting, etc. I ended up using a number...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tip: Pins and needles and ... magnets?
April 11, 2:10pm

Big and Tall Columbia Omnitech Thunderstorm II rain pants - $28
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/columbia-sportswear-thunderstorm-ii-pants-waterproof-for-big-and-tall-men~p~4213y/?filterString=passedcriteria~12646%2Fsports-and-outdoors~d~4868%2F&colorFamily...

In Gear Deals » Big and Tall Columbia Omnitech Thunderstorm II rain pants - $28
April 06, 12:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Oxford

Mike Oxford has posted no reviews.