BPL Community Profile

Chris Peichel (momo) - BPL Guest

My Locale Eureka
About Me Chris Peichel has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Peichel

Showing 111 - 120 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

SD lightyear vs Hubba
I have owned both. Now I favor hammock/tarp or bivy tarp. The Hubba is narrow, and when you sit up and while getting in and out it seemed like you were always bumping off the walls. There is not a...

In GEAR » SD Lightyear VS Hubba
October 26, 11:32am

FS: Prophet 65 and Kestrel 48
Kestrel sold to Tony - payment received - thanks Prophet sold to Chris - payment received - thanks

In Gear Swap » FS: Prophet 65 and Kestrel 48
October 22, 9:28pm

zebralight
Thanks Rick. now I am going to have to order one

In GEAR » Zebralight SC50+
October 22, 9:00pm

cool vs. warm
I prefer brighter white. Is the choice merely preference, no performance difference between the two? Thanks

October 22, 8:36pm

zebralight
Recommendation between the cool white and warm white on the H31 or H51? I think I may have found my new headlamp...thanks

October 22, 7:19pm

Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
My knife has never helped me out of a dire situation, but it sure slices salami, cheese and bagels beautifully. Bark River Bravo Necker...hands down the best UL knife i have carried, and the on...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 22, 6:20pm

Synthetics
I have gone away from synthetics completely. I would reconsider if they were more compressible, AND lasted longer. I rarely get out for more than a few days so the build up of moisture in down is...

In GEAR » Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
October 21, 6:04pm

Modified Under Quilt
Well, I got to thinking...because I should have made it 6" longer, with a little more down and a little less differential between layers. Why not make it into a true 2/3 UQ. This would condens...

In Hammocks » Under Quilt
October 20, 11:19am

Hammock fabric long term durability
Thanks, I guess I was reading these stressed spots as failure points, but I should be seeing them as how strong the fabric is. Glad to hear others have the same.

In Hammocks » Hammock fabric long term durability
October 20, 10:13am

Hammock fabric long term durability
Thanks, If nylon is stronger than polyester I may have to consider using a higher weight fabric. I guess a 1.5 or even a 1.9oz. I just like my stuff to be durable and to last. Just don't w...

In Hammocks » Hammock fabric long term durability
October 19, 10:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Peichel

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Helios jacket epic fabric
I have the helios jacket with the epic fabric, ff says 15oz (I need to buy a scale). I have had this jacket for almost 2yrs. This jacket fits me great, sizes run a little snug so try on if possible or...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 10, 9:56pm