Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Cunningham (mn-backpacker) - BPL Guest

My Locale Land of 12,000 Loons
About Me I obviously enjoy backpacking on the lighter side. I work in technology (UNIX - Dev - Mac - Networking - Graphics - Web - etc) and I'm generally quite laid back.
StateMinnesota
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSHT Thru Hike Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Cunningham

Showing 111 - 120 of 409 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...41

Forum » Thread

Alcohol Stove
I finally did further testing with some alcohol stoves I had made to pair with the BushBuddy. I found the best I was able to do was boil 2 cups of cold water on 2/3 ounce of alcohol. It took about ...

In GEAR » BB Ultra + Tibetan Titanium 1100 = Fit
April 17, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Re: show and tell
If Matt gets cold, he just runs in place for 15 miles or so. @Matt - Leah was going to try and bail out of this (she had things planned). I showed her your post, so now she's coming.

In Chaff » MN BPL Chapter Lunch 4/18 Headcount Needed
April 17, 11:44am

Re: Re: work
Nick - I only meant to say they were things that I personally don't need in the back country. In my life, it's a different story. Your gadget-life sounds pretty similar to mine. I manage a ...

In Multiple Use Gear » A case for smartphones on the trail.
April 17, 8:53am

work
You've just listed a whole pile of "multi-use" stuff I don't need. My car is multi-use, but I don't bring it on the trail. I do get it... I have an iPhone. But for me, it'...

In Multiple Use Gear » A case for smartphones on the trail.
April 16, 9:26pm

Re: show and tell
That's great, my SHT pack will look heavy as hell - it's more than TWICE as heavy as your SUL kit!

April 16, 7:40pm

Re: Re: MN BPL Chapter after lunch gear show&tell
I guess I'll just pack for my SHT thru-hike and bring it with. ;)

April 16, 11:30am

Re: Re: Dr Bronner's or Baking Soda?
There is a reason it's called Dr Bronners soap and not Dr Bronners tooth paste. It's disgusting because it's soap. If you want the same weight as baking soda but better flavor, go to a ...

In GEAR » Dr Bronner's or Baking Soda?
April 16, 7:41am

stakes?
Stakes go in a very tiny silnylon pouch that barely registers on my scale. Then they get rolled up with the Lunar Duo before I stuff it all into it's provided stuff sack.

In Multiple Use Gear » Tent stakes in ...
April 16, 7:36am

Re: Re: Looking for UL fishing info fly or spin gear tips
I wasted my money on one of those pen rods. Tip broke off first time I used it. Total and utter junk.

In GEAR » Looking for UL fishing info fly or spin
April 15, 7:40am

Re: Re: Re: 09 MLD spectralite Grace Solo
@ Matt - you gotta represent better Bro - Eagle mountain is 2,301 feet (701 m) high. Can't you feel the altitude when you get way up there ;)

In GEAR » 09 MLD spectralite Grace Solo
April 14, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Cunningham

Dan Cunningham has posted no reviews.