Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 111 - 120 of 383 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...39

Forum » Thread

sweeeeet
Okay ta. I think I should be okay with what Tasmania may throw at us. We are testing out some cold weather gear here in Queensland this July so that should give some indication of what to expect.

In GEAR » Anyone used the TT Rainbow in snow (even inedvertantly)
May 24, 6:37pm

Anyone used the TT Rainbow in snow (even inedvertantly)
We are planning a trip to Tasmania's Overlander Track (60 odd km trail) in Australia. It's an area that can and does get snow even in summer. I have a TT Rainbow shelter that seems to be a ...

In GEAR » Anyone used the TT Rainbow in snow (even inedvertantly)
May 24, 6:29am

Ta
Cheers, thank you :)

In GEAR » What is the lightest full bodied air matrass available
May 23, 5:18pm

What is the lightest full bodied air matrass available
It's been a while since I did research and was wondering if the NeoAir was still the lightest air-mat available? Ta, Mik.

In GEAR » What is the lightest full bodied air matrass available
May 23, 4:21pm

Re: Extra Storage.
I meant that to 'shut' the pack you need to roll it up with the back and front flaps of material.....surely that is a heavier option and a pain in the buttocks option than a drawstring!

In GEAR » Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
May 22, 11:14pm

Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
I love my ULA Circuit BUT it's my first and definitely last pack with the 'roll top closure'. I find it a waste of material and was wondering has anyone modified their roll top closure ...

In GEAR » Has anyone modified a rolltop closure on a Pack?
May 22, 11:04pm

maybe I should leave this on a ULA pack review page but....
I went with the Circuit and it's a really good pack, carries very well, excellent load transfer, good quality and I am likely going to keep it till it dies. 2 things that really irk me about...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm 2.0 and Circuit comparison
May 22, 10:58pm

was thinking
that this is a fantastic idea!! But it seems that you may need a LOT more cordage to actually separate the 2 garments you are wearing especially if they are thin garments as they will touch (especi...

In GEAR » Idea for baselayer and mid layer for cold temp activity.
October 05, 4:08am

Re: REI Kimtah eVent pants
I was hoping to read some superlight rainpants mentioned here :). Mine are 208g and is one of those items in my pack I'd like to 'work on' to lower Base Weight.

In GEAR » Need a rain pant suggestion
September 22, 5:44am

Re: Re: Re: alpinlite.
Oh man I nearly bought the bag but I'm not sure how the Minister for Love War and Finance would react to me getting 'another' bag.......what do you need that for? What's wrong with ...

In GEAR » Can't believe an Alipinlite and ULA Catalyst isn't in demand
September 21, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am