BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 111 - 120 of 266 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...27

Forum » Thread

I have noticed this too
Yeah definitely true....in most cases. I would not muck about with the big three though (shelter, pack and sleeping bag) but the rest of the gear is up for fiddling with. I find the reject shops an...

In GEAR » Light equipment sometimes is really cheap...
January 27, 2:01pm

light base layers
I find the Craft synth base layers are very light. They are also anti-stink treated. My short sleeve thermal top for example is 80g(large) and they work incredibly well....even though when you firs...

In GEAR » what are lightest synthetic base layers
January 26, 4:14pm

getting rid of stink
I ride bikes a lot and the helmet gets stinky from the sweat if left you just use it and just hang it up after each ride. I now rinse it off every time but also I got advised to air it out in direc...

In GEAR » How do I get the B.O. Stink out of my pack?
January 26, 2:28am

I think it's going to be the air flow
The pot stand has holes only on the top side. I think it really needs holes on the bottom as well to promote the airflow. A bloke posted this mod on youtube after saying that he also could not get ...

In GEAR » Suluk46 beer pot stove users feedback needed
January 13, 12:05am

put it this way.....
.....the Suluk46 website say you can boil 2 cups of water on 1/2 ounce of alcohol....BS. Or 1/2 ounce of Esbit.....that's BS as well!! I have used more than twice those amounts and it is not bo...

January 12, 9:07pm

got the kit
okay I got the kit but am having trouble getting water to boil. I have filled the candle cup stove with fuel and that bought it to the bubbles stage but not boiling. I then tired a solid fuel an...

January 12, 8:33pm

niiiice
"I simply place an extra torso layer (e.g. windshirt, etc) over the head of the air mattress and stuff the pillow in between the mattress and the torso layer." This could work until yo...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 12, 8:26pm

got one ordered
I just paid $13 for mine from ebay. When the neighbour showed me his cardknife the first thing I asked was what is the weight (naturally of course).

In GEAR » lighter foldable knife and longer usable steel blade than Gerber
January 12, 4:41pm

lighter foldable knife and longer usable steel blade than Gerber
14g 65mm cutting edge foldable (unique way) cheap Was at a poker night when one of the players was talking about a credit card knife. Here is the link to it. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cre...

In GEAR » lighter foldable knife and longer usable steel blade than Gerber
January 12, 7:17am

website incorrect
Hi, tried to look at the website you posted but it seems to be incorrect. Can you check.

In GEAR » Cooking kits: what kind, how many, when to take what kit?
January 11, 2:21pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am