BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 111 - 120 of 414 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...42

Forum » Thread

cinch hem and pockets
hmmmm - these all seem like great choices. I see the Montane smock isnt on their website yet...but the minimus jacket is 215g so I guess at the end of the day the diff in weight is more due to ...

In GEAR » Montane Minimus SMOCK - 143 grams
November 09, 10:51am

hmm
@richard i didnt realize that...so you are saying thatessentially they are very similar in as much as gsm... so CAP2 is how light? Mike

In GEAR » synthetic hoodie??
November 07, 3:49pm

weight
does anybody know the weight on any of these? namely weight per sq yard

November 07, 8:17am

westcomb features?
has anybodyput their hands on one? to me it also seems worth while (as @dan durston pointed out) to pay the price of 50 grams for velcro cuffs, fuller cut and full zip.... how does the hood here...

In GEAR » Montane Minimus SMOCK - 143 grams
November 07, 6:07am

weight
Richard - i saw that...but isnt it way heavier (i was looking for a "classic" base layer in the 130-160gsm range (like Cap2 i guess)

November 07, 4:18am

synthetic hoodie??
As part of my lessons learned from the being cold fiasco (another thread) I think i would like to revert back to synth base layers....but i really like the hoodies i have (BPL and anotherone) Is...

November 07, 2:03am

layers and food
I hear what ya'll are saying re layers. essentially that is what i tried to do. I THINK what happend is that: 1) the day before was really cold(er) so i was weary and wore more 2) we started ...

In GEAR » what am i doing wrong (AKA I am cold and wet :(
November 07, 1:58am

rinsed w techwash
My hiking gear is sacred....! NO ONE (wife/kids/maid) even breathes in their direction let alone wash them. When i was the stuff i use Nikwax techwash. prior to washing i clean out the machine ...

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 06, 3:07am

tongue in cheek?
I assume you were toying w us :) to re phrase what i asked: what in the technical design or such of the lineloc3 (as opposed to say the regular linelocs that IIRC you use) made you stop and thin...

In GEAR » what lines work with the Lineloc 3 ladder?
November 05, 4:48pm

afraid to ruin
yeah - my concern with the "high" setting on my dryer (its a 'normal" home one) was that mfg say "dont dry too hot....go figure. Has anyone REALLY ruined their GTX JKT in...

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 05, 2:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am