BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 111 - 120 of 775 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...78

Forum » Thread

Freestanding no
Very nice design, but I still like the freestanding option with my Rainbow.

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
August 02, 11:03pm

Murmur
If I were ever to go back to the Uber Ultra-lightweight side, I'd probably opt for a GG Murmur. Being waterproof is not a big deal for me, I use an internal plastic bag to keep my gear dry anyway.

In GEAR » Gauging interest in a pack design
July 21, 3:56pm

cold nights?
Not real warm at night now. http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USMT0138

In GEAR » Glacier trip, Thick or thin bag?
July 21, 9:15am

Sawatch
I had a regular Sawatch, but thought it needed to be a few inches wider. Soon a wide version of the Sawatch will be available too. I've been giving some thought as to going with a Alsek wide, w...

In GEAR » Katabatic Quilts
June 19, 4:19pm

pockets for me please
Personally, I could not see having a pack without at least side pockets. I carry (2) 1 qt Gator-Aid bottles in my side pockets and access these while on the go. I can stop at available water source...

In GEAR » Dysfunctional Pack Design :)
June 19, 4:11pm

radius the foam pads
Like another poster mentioned, all you need to to is cut the foam padding in the same way as your picture shows. This really made a noticeable difference for me with my Gorilla and Mariposa Plus. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gorilla Shoulder Strap Mod
June 18, 9:31am

Nice
Chris is the new kid in town, but his workmanship is as good as any I've seen and I have or have had all the packs from the other guys, MLD,ULA,GG. I already have one pack from Chris current...

In GEAR » Pics of my new custom pack
June 12, 1:33pm

Sweet packs
Awesome packs Chris, I like the Orange pack the best, even though, its sooo heavy. :)

In Make Your Own Gear » New Backpacks
June 01, 10:39am

already gone
Sorry my Ti-Goat bivy (Black) has already sold. But, I do have an older model in gray, with the Silver reflective fabric bottom. Also have a old Epic model too, but I'm keeping it.

In GEAR » Pinon/Bristlecone Katabatic Bivy fits 2.5" Pad and WM Antelope?
May 22, 7:11pm

tight in the foot area
Chuan, The Ti Goat bivy that I had was a few years old, and I don't know if their current bivy is the same size. All I can say is that when I placed my Neo-Air, inside the bivy, it was snug...

In GEAR » Pinon/Bristlecone Katabatic Bivy fits 2.5" Pad and WM Antelope?
May 22, 6:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm