BPL Community Profile

Erin McKittrick (mckittre) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Seldovia, Alaska
About Me Finished up a 4000 mile, year-long, human-powered Journey on the Wild Coast. From Seattle to the Aleutians by foot, packraft, and skis.

www.GroundTruthTrekking.org
My Website URLhttp://www.groundtruthtrekking.org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erin McKittrick

Showing 111 - 120 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Re: Canada Maps
Douglas - I spent quite awhile looking around for Canada maps, since I'll be hiking through a big chunk of coastal BC on my trip next year. I couldn't find any free ones either. However, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » General Map ?'s
December 11, 12:52am

Re: General Map ?'s
Yes, I love maps. And Google Earth. I play with the Alaska TOPO program on my computer all the time (also the Washington version, and a similar Canadian program for BC). Usually it's just pr...

In Philosophy & Technique » General Map ?'s
December 10, 3:56pm

Re: Trail Runners
I always use trail runners (most often Montrail Vitesse), as does my husband, and a number of other friends and family we've converted to them. Most folks I know in Alaska seem to use them too...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trail Runners
December 10, 3:44pm

Re: reading and writing on UL trips
Lets see... The paper is 4.5 x 7 inches, and I write with a mechanical pencil (normal pens won't work on waterproof paper). I don't often take notes during the day unless they're lo...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 10, 11:05am

Re: reading and writing on UL trips
Rite in the Rain waterproof paper in a refillable binder (so I can take the right number of pages for the length of trip), and a mechanical pencil. On my Alaska trips, I write in my journal pret...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 09, 12:14pm

Re: Grocery store options
Roman - good to know that the SE towns are easier than the AK peninsula towns. I've been to Ketchikan, and of course Juneau won't be a problem, but haven't been to the others. And of ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grocery store options
December 07, 1:37pm

Re: Petzl e+LITE waterproofness
Hey. Would someone who has one of these help me out by testing the waterproof claim? I've had terrible luck finding any sort of small light that's actually waterproof, which makes me hesitant t...

In GEAR » Petzl e+LITE
December 01, 12:40pm

Re: Sustainable UL
It seems like there are two separate things here: aesthetic sustainability and manufacturing sustainability. Things like leaving TP on a trail, building a big fire ring, etc... are mainly i...

In GEAR » Sustainable UL
November 30, 11:45am

Re: flares and bears
Dale - thanks for the info on different flare types. Gene - I don't think anyone was advocating throwing the flare at the bear. And the flare we're talking about is a handheld (not firing anyth...

In GEAR » Fire starter idea
November 29, 4:34pm

Re: fire starter idea
Thanks - I think the link is fixed now. I haven't yet managed to get a hold of one of these, so I can't say for sure, but Ed Berg (a guy I know who wrote the article) says that it's an instant...

In GEAR » Fire starter idea
November 29, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Erin McKittrick

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Supermid 2010
Simple. Roomy. Effective. Hig and I spent a year living in t...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
July 20, 12:19pm