BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 111 - 120 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

layers
I pretty much agree with Mike (add puffy + windshirt for high mountains). The main advantages of a baggy shirt are 1) bugs, and 2) they can be much cooler. I have been to glacier but not in Aug, ...

In GEAR » Can I lightweight my layers any more?
July 21, 9:16pm

leatherman freestyle
The leatherman freestyle looks interesting (online and in ads, never seen one in person), full size blade and pliers for 4.5 oz: http://www.leatherman.com/multi-tools/pocket-tools/freestyle-cx.a...

In GEAR » Pliers, scissors, locking blade
May 12, 1:18pm

Mansfield
The trails on Mansfield are closed now through Memorial day I think for mud season, so you have time to find that hoody.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Always can't find one piece of gear..
May 12, 12:56pm

thru-hike with baby
I won't tell you not to take the hike; I assume the baby will be fine and you will make good choices and be flexible and bail out if that is the sensible thing to do. I wouldn't have done ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thru-hiking with a 3 month old baby?
April 28, 10:04pm

Biting Flies
I know those biting flies in the adirondaks. They are never referred to as "black flies": I don't think they have a name (at least not one in general use) other than "biting fli...

In GEAR » Mosquitoes & Black Flies vs Clothing
March 29, 8:07am

supplex
I think any thickness of supplex or nylon shirt or pants will stop mosquitos if it has a tight weave and doesn't stretch, so for summer, the lightest coolest option may be best. Loose fitting ...

In GEAR » Mosquitoes & Black Flies vs Clothing
March 29, 7:36am

ibex 17.5
I am also sensitive to wool, but can't help get sucked in to the hype (and the "deals"). I have one shirt from icebreaker (bodyfit 260 I think) that is slightly scratchy; not sure wh...

In GEAR » Stinky
March 26, 2:17pm

Tibetan Titanium Pot
I was skeptical of the stuff sack too at first. But I haven't noticed soot coming through in use. The BB doesn't generate that much soot in the first place. I also think the slightly abs...

In GEAR » BB Ultra + Tibetan Titanium 1100 = Fit
March 20, 6:08am

TT 900
I have the 900 pot from them. The bushbuddy fits inside with the lid upside down. The lid is easily held down by the stuff sack.

In GEAR » BB Ultra + Tibetan Titanium 1100 = Fit
March 19, 9:17pm

scanned maps
I have a geko 301 so I don't have any experience with onboard maps. But I have Topo on my mac and also use MacGPSpro for scanned maps (mainly for canada). I don't understand the problem w...

In GEAR » brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
February 02, 11:41am

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.