BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 111 - 120 of 1023 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Current Inyo/SEKI Bearcan/Bag Requirements
I'm the lead moderator of the JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group, we get this question often. We have retired rangers on the board. It's a risk to do what you want to do. You could be asked to le...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Current Inyo/SEKI Bearcan/Bag Requirements
July 12, 8:47pm

Re: Granite Gear Blaze AC 60
J, I'm curious if you ever used a Nimbus Ozone prior to the Blaze AC 60 and if you think the two packs are nearly identical in size (never mind that technically the Ozone was a 62 L pack, it ne...

In GEAR » Pack recommendations?
July 12, 12:43pm

Re: SMD Haven Tarp/Net Tent
Bryce, I forgot about your hiking poles, I'm not sure they're suitable for dual use as tent poles for any tarptent using hiking poles. Therefore you might want to look at http://www.easto...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 11, 11:18pm

Re: SMD Haven Tarp/Net Tent
I think the Haven Tarp/Net Tent or equivalent (where the tarp is cuben fiber) is the ideal solution. A good double wall, ultralight tent for two. I looked at the MLD Duo Mid with its Dual Inn...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 11, 8:33pm

Re: BPL meets Match.com
I thought someone already created a meetup.com group for the Beltway area for backpackinglight.com hikers to meet face to face on hikes. I think it is a fantastic idea and I think meetup.com is ...

In Chaff » BPL meets Match.com
July 11, 12:23pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop
I'm the lead moderator of the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups, we have 1150 members focused on this trail. Our links folder http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnmuirtrail/links/Current_conditions_00...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rae Lakes Loop
July 11, 8:18am

Re: All of the pics are here.
Bryce, it was a good hike. Thanks for the photos. I'll post a couple later. I look in pain at Slide mountain because when I did Cornell Crack, I know I must have pulled or stretched my knee ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Highest Peak in the Catskills & also 2 other 3500 peaks
July 04, 12:46pm

What Gear Heads Sound Like to Normal People
This thread reminds me of the video put out by Jason Klass -- have you all seen it? It is a super hoot. What Gear Heads Sound Like to Normal People http://www.geartalkwithjasonklass.com/2011...

In Philosophy & Technique » Buy the Newest, Lightest, Shiniest Gear Or You Could Die
June 23, 3:26pm

Re: Re: FS-Zpacks Hexamid Tarp
My tarp has been sold (not to the original poster, Dustin though).

In Gear Swap » WTB-Zpacks Hexamid
June 16, 8:17am

Re: FS-Zpacks Hexamid Tarp
If any others are interested, please PM me. Current price for this tarp with the beak is $284 and a new one is not seam sealed and lacks the guylines on it. My Tarp has both. Remember, it is...

In Gear Swap » WTB-Zpacks Hexamid
June 14, 2:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm