Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark McLauchlin (markmclauchlin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Australia
About Me Avid hiker and light weight gear nut.
CityPerth
StateWestern Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://lightweighthikersblog.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListBPL Gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 111 - 120 of 487 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Neck Surgery
So do I, I have great hiking weather on the horizon so that will keep me going. Thanks for the thoughts. Cheers

In Chaff » Neck Surgery
February 14, 5:57am

Neck Surgery
Hi all, First week of March I am due in hospital for an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion in C5 - C6 due to a car accident 2 years ago. The feedback from my surgeon is that I will be ou...

In Chaff » Neck Surgery
February 14, 2:48am

Re: retirement
I'm interested to know that is Law School is all doom and gloom with regards to no life and big loans to pay back...why are you doing it? sounds like entrapment for a big part of your life

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 13, 5:16pm

Re: Neoair
Work on roughly $17USD for shipping, I got two here for that via USPS.

In Gear Swap » WTB: NeoAir mat
February 13, 5:58am

Re: Re: Tents for Haiti
+1 on Rogers comments, thats the same message we are getting here, dont sent items, send money. Having said that I am sure that any assistance is better than silence. My dontations was throug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tents for Haiti
February 13, 1:59am

Re: an ugly story from 1977
Ben, Have you thought about a quilt rather than a bag? I first turned to a quilt as it provides more flexibility, as an example (and I know you can open the zip) with a quilt you can throw it ov...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
February 13, 1:54am

Re: WTB: NeoAir mat
Unless someone responds with a s/hand one your best bet is to see if you can get one out of REI in the US and have someone post it to you. Thats what I did for the two I have. Prices here in Aus...

In Gear Swap » WTB: NeoAir mat
February 12, 5:46pm

Re: Re: How to restore the loft of a down bag
I hand wash mine in the bath tub as there is a little more space than the sink. Then gently wring it by hand to remove the majority of the water. Mine is then placed on a clothes rack, draping o...

In GEAR » How to restore the loft of a down bag.
February 12, 3:31am

Re: wetfire
Definately not able to use the wetfire as a fuel source for cooking/boiling, it does make a good fire starter though. You can see a youtube video I uploaded for another thread here; http://ww...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Wing stove $12
February 11, 7:53pm

Re: SW Tassie, Australia, 1966
Nice shots Roger

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
February 11, 6:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
I purchased the Ray Quilt after reading several reviews on the internet and felt at the time for the money this was a good choice in my UL attempt. I found the hardest part of the project, like oth...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
March 17, 6:18am