BPL Community Profile

Marco A. Sánchez (marcoasn) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The fabulous Pyrenees
About Me Outdoor enthusiast. As Tucas founder.
CitySabiñánigo
StateHuesca
CountrySpain
My Website URLhttp://astucas.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Marco A. Sánchez

Showing 111 - 120 of 122 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

My first sewing machine
After some time thinking about it I decided to buy a sewing machine. Looking at the basic models, some allow you to modify the stitch width and others not. Is this an important feature for the t...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first sewing machine
September 25, 2:57am

Re: Search box does not work
Yes, it seems that everything works well again.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search box does not work
September 24, 7:41am

Search box does not work
The search box does not work today. If you try to search for something, only appears a page that shows “Index of/”

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search box does not work
September 24, 4:01am

re: Socks/Mittens/Pot holder
You’re right Jeremy: wool blends are more durable than 100% wool. Also, boiling wool is an ancient process whose result is a fabric that is windproof, more water resistant and warmer. Here you...

In Multiple Use Gear » Socks/Mittens/Pot holder
September 23, 10:41am

Re: How long does Katadyn Micropur MP 1 really take?
4 hours is the contact time required to purify cold water (39 ºF / 4 ºC), that is, to kill viruses, bacteria (E. Coli…), and cyst (Cryptosporidium, Giardia…) The contact time to kill bacte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long does Katadyn Micropur MP 1 really take?
September 21, 2:53am

How to carry maps?
I usually carry my maps in a ziplock to protect them from any wet weather. The ziplock goes into a mesh pocket of my pack. However, I find this solution suboptimal because I need to toss the pack o...

In Philosophy & Technique » How to carry maps?
September 14, 8:53am

Re: Different Sizes of Cuben Fiber?
The product information page of Cubic Tech Corp shows you all the cuben fiber variants (download the PDF document). The main difference between cuben and spintex (or any other spinnaker cloth) i...

In GEAR » Different Sizes of Cuben Fiber?
September 14, 5:58am

RE:Test
A link to Google

In User Test Forum » Test
September 11, 3:09am

Re: What does clo mean?
You can find an explanation of the Clo unit and its relationship to R-values at Wikipedia.

In GEAR » Lightest Synthetic Quilt
September 11, 3:05am

Re: here's how to effectively search the BPL archives
The site: feature is great as long as you search for public BPL contents. Google cannot “see” the premium contents, so if you search for words or phrases that only appear inside an article that...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Forum package
September 10, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Marco A. Sánchez

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Leki Ultralight Ti
At 213 g / 7,5 oz per pole (measured, without trekking basket), the Leki Ultralite Ti are a reasonably lightweight choice when you need adjustable poles that can handle real abuse in the backcountry. ...

In Trekking Poles
September 16, 9:59am

Black Diamond Raven Ultra Ice Axe
Let’s face it: for non technical routes a light axe and a trekking pole usually are the best combination. However, aluminum headed axes deform with even light use, so if you expect some REAL use of th...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
September 15, 5:27am