BPL Community Profile

Kevin Manley (manleyk) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver-ish
About Me caver, climber, backpacker
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Manley

Showing 111 - 120 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

BD Trekking poles
The previous poster is correct; the BD's have little in the way of adjustment. It's just whether the lock is engaged or not, so 2-4 inches. They are the correct height for a Golite Shangr...

In Gear Swap » WTB trekking poles for tent
March 10, 3:55pm

BD Ultra Distance?
I have some BD Ultra-distance carbon poles. They are the 120cm length. How about $70 shipped? Kevin

In Gear Swap » WTB trekking poles for tent
March 10, 10:14am

Insulation only?
Patagonia had some nice insulated shells for $120 (from $299). They might be a better deal. How cold is it going to be? Are you looking for insulation or an insulated shell?

In Gear Deals » Better deal than Downlight Hoodie
February 14, 9:03pm

Golite prices
While the Golite MSRP's seem crazy to me, so do the prices at REI, EMS, etc. I buy all of my gear on clearance or sales. And Golite has a LOT of them. I have Golite packs and quilts and bags...

In Gear Deals » New GoLite
February 14, 8:57pm

Ordered!
Thanks, guys! I'm trying to decide between the Meta and the GoLite Shangri La 1. Now I can pitch both and see which I like better.

In Gear Deals » Nemo Meta 1p $147 at REI
February 14, 12:16am

Re: EB FIRST ASCENT DOWNLIGHT JACKETS ALL COLORS AND SIZES $79
I deleted the email, but I think there's one for free shipping over $99. If it comes again tomorrow, I'll post it.

In Gear Deals » EB FIRST ASCENT DOWNLIGHT JACKETS ALL COLORS AND SIZES $79
February 13, 8:10pm

Re: microtherm
I used a microtherm hoodie summiting a 14er weekend before last. With a shell, it was perfect for fairly quick movement over steep and rough terrain. When I stopped, I got pretty cold. It was ...

In Gear Deals » EB FIRST ASCENT DOWNLIGHT JACKETS ALL COLORS AND SIZES $79
February 13, 8:09pm

Now I want a new tent...
That Imogene looks a lot like an MSR Nook, but a pound lighter! If it is the same size, it would be a little cramped for 2 people. That's about the same weight as the SL1 was too. The 30...

In Gear Deals » New GoLite
February 13, 8:00pm

Interested in the doulde quilt
What color(s) is the quilt material? Temperature rating? Same questions on the single, please.

In Gear Swap » FS RAYWAY double quilt kit, New In Box
February 12, 3:08pm

No down?
I hike in my down sweater and down coat often at those temps (really, anything from 40-0F is pretty common). If you're worried about moisture, a breathable shell would take care of it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Best materials for hiking in freezing temps.
February 06, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Manley

Kevin Manley has posted no reviews.