BPL Community Profile

Michael Landman (malndman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central NC, USA
About Me Michael Landman has not added a biography yet.
CityDurham
StateNC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Landman

Showing 111 - 118 of 118 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Vests/jacket thoughts...
First 1.8oz of 900 fill yields 1.25% more volume than 2oz of 800 fill, do the math. I have a Feathered Friends Hyperion vest that has 3.1oz of 850 fill down. That is 65% more fill than the MB jack...

In GEAR » MontBell Ex Light: UL Madness?
January 30, 8:24pm

re: sack
They are long sold out at the Canyon shop. So sad...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Ratsack Med.
January 29, 5:22pm

WTB - Ratsack Med.
From all the reports I have heard, the Flagstaff company is non-responsive/comatose. Email me at M_Landman at yahoo

In Gear Swap » WTB - Ratsack Med.
January 29, 5:09pm

Great bag
I have slept in my Reg. sized one down to 22^. Very roomy too.

In Gear Swap » LAST TRY- Montbell Bag and Pad
January 29, 5:04pm

In my youth...
...back in '74, I hitchhiked to Vermont in December but arrived near Putney too late at night to make it to my friend's house. The traffic had ceased, and I was tired and getting cold walki...

In Philosophy & Technique » Surviving the cold without a tent or a sleeping bag
January 29, 4:58pm

mA output
The Solarfilm one I referenced above is rated at 3.6V, 400mA. The Solar panels are about 14" x 5.5". It is made with what looks like heavy pack cloth for the cover and could be reworked t...

In GEAR » Solar power - anyone?
January 24, 8:04am

Re: Solar panels...
Solarfilm 4 AA charger: http://tinyurl.com/c682xs 4.3OZ, weather proof, has built in battrey holder and charging electronics, $60 or so. With good sun, 2 batteries fully charged in 4 hr. They...

January 23, 4:08pm

Solar panels...
...are available, try the google on one of the internets. Down side ... weight. 6 - 8 oz, 4 hours of good sun to charge 2 AA. They only work IN the sun. OK hiking north, not so good going eas...

January 23, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Landman

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

AlpinLite Bug Tent
I think this is the correct category... The tent is a No-See-Um mesh tent over a SylNyl bathtub floor. It has a solid foot wall and a single zippered door. The specs are as follows: Materials: 1 ...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 22, 8:40am

Thermarest Neo-Air
I got back from 7 days in the Grand Canyon three weeks ago. I had a regular sized NeoAir under my Montbel UL SS #3 down bag inside a Alpinlite Bug bivy and a GG Spinshelter 2. Cottonwood ...</td>          
           <td class=

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 11, 5:49pm

REI REI Peak UL Compact Hiking Poles
I got these to replace my heaver AL. poles. I have done 2 five day Grand Canyon hikes and am quite satisfied. I use them heavily for support on the descents and as a boost on the ascents. Stepping dow...

In Trekking Poles
January 27, 10:51am