BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 111 - 120 of 1521 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...153

Forum » Thread

lighter
There are quite a few bottles still lighter. I use smartwater bottles when I need to carry 4L , with 2 in each side pocket because they fit in easier, and can be taken out and replaced with less h...

In GEAR » LIGHTER Smartwater bottle alternative
February 22, 3:20pm

caps
caps on small bottles fail regularly, in all services. The #1 cause is overtightening. As plastic ages it gets brittle, plasticizers are leached out, UV degrades it, etc, even without chemic...

In GEAR » Micro Drop Bottles
February 21, 11:43pm

strap
I just put the holder on the strap on the back of my ball-style cap, and wear it backwards. Guess Ive been doing it wrong.

In Make Your Own Gear » Zebralight H52 head strap
February 20, 8:11pm

socks
I wear one pair. I might not take them off for a week or more. If I do, it is usually just to wipe the dirt off my feet. If they are damp in evening, i will take them off for my feet to dry up ove...

In GEAR » How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
February 18, 9:16pm

dwr
I read somewhere that these treatments actually increase the down fill power. I also read somewhere that it has a distinct wash life where it will wash out, like 8-10.

In GEAR » DWR Down Ye or Nah
February 15, 6:39am

Kelty
I have a kelty grand mesa 2 , that I couldnt be more satisfied with . Used it a bunch with 2 people.

In GEAR » good, not too expensive, 2 or 3 person tent.
February 12, 9:24pm

containers
I had a cap crack on one when tightened reasonably tight. After that, I wouldnt trust them for alcohol use.

In Multiple Use Gear » Kid's sauce packets = UL containers
February 11, 5:56pm

mld
" problem with MLD's is they aren't usable to me since they're so long and skinny, hard to get into .... . dimensions need tweaking big time, imo compared to my zpacks and hmg'...

In GEAR » zpacks blast food bag "water-proofness"
February 09, 8:18pm

shuttle
I assume you have checked out air schedules, etc well enough to be sure you are saving a whole day?. For me, Mammoth simply doesnt make sense on return trip. Late afternoon flight out to LA, re...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Experiences with Eastern Sierra Long-Distance Shuttle Services?
February 09, 7:55pm

pad
Not sure if its the same one, I looked at one Academy had a year or more ago. Yeah, it was super light, abut 9 oz, but it also molded to pressure. What looked like a 1/2" pad, became a much...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » New Sleeping Pad- Venture Products
February 09, 7:42pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm