BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 111 - 120 of 1732 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...174

Forum » Thread

sun hat
Patagonia vented spoonbill This is a great hat. The drape doesnt fall on your neck and irritate you, it stays kind of suspended in air. Its thick. The bill is really long and shades well....

In GEAR » Hat for hot sun...
June 22, 4:42pm

aluminum
Aluminum may bend. Then again, it may break. My son broke one, in two , when it slipped down into a deep crack between boulders, and his feet slipped out from under him on the wet algae covered...

In GEAR » Lightweight Trekking Poles
June 22, 1:24pm

pole extender
depends on how far you want to extend. Ive used a rock for a couple inches quite a few times When setting up a large mid, I didnt like the pole extenders, it wasnt particularly stable. Two pole...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking pole extender
June 22, 12:55pm

bear encounter
The one guy that appeared in the video at the end, certainly didnt look like much of a runner. Just by his face and upper torso Id put him at 50+ lbs overweight. Seems like they were maybe only ...

In Chaff » Bear Encounter
June 22, 6:09am

pack weights
Id say the average thru hiker on the AT carries about 15 lbs baseweight, and a 55-65L pack, but thats only the main bag. After a few months, they carry A LOT of food, 2+ lb per day because they ...

In GEAR » Arc Blast 52L vs. 60L: quick question
June 21, 4:08pm

tyvek
Several options: tyvek is most durable, heaviest (~5-6 oz) , least water proof. SOL Polyethylene space blanket is lighter than tyvek,(3-4 oz) but pretty tough 2mil poly- kind of heavy re...

In GEAR » Tyvek vs 2mil painters tarp
June 21, 1:09pm

52l
well, that obviously depends on a person and their gear. I could comfortably thru hike with the 52L, even with a #$%^ing bear can. Im using mine on the JMT in a couple weeks. For a deep winte...

In GEAR » Arc Blast 52L vs. 60L: quick question
June 21, 12:47pm

best rope for hanging
Done right, a hang can be effective. Problem is, in my experience, most are done very poorly. People are either stupid, lazy, or both.

In GEAR » Best UL rope for food hanging/multi-purpose?
June 21, 7:21am

granola
"Besides, granola isn't particularly calorie-dense. I have a dark chocolate almond variety that about as high in calories as I've found (haven't looked too hard)--it's 116 Cal/...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packing JUST a giant bag of granola (with nuts, raisins, etc)...
June 20, 7:53pm

123 mountain
Not sure why some people seem frightened of having a collections letter sent. Especially a fake one. I wouldnt even deal with the company anymore. I would chargeback the credit card, and send ...

In GEAR » 123mountain.com CAUTION
June 20, 4:15am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm