Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 111 - 120 of 166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

tried Inov - didn't work
tried 2 pairs of Inov ordered online, shipped them both back. one pair was mens and one was womens. Nice shoes - very narrow toe box. one pair had a weird stitch poking in inside the shoe. i usuall...

In GEAR » Women's Trail Runners
October 28, 12:22pm

Re: No confusion detected
Yeah, just read about your decision btwn Summerlite and Megalite. My husband has Megalite with 2 oz overfill in size regular. he is built with wide shoulders, so megalite STILL barely works with hi...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Highlite
October 23, 2:56pm

Re: Western Mountaineering Highlite
Laurence, I backpacked in the high Sierras with the Highlite. For the most part, i was barely comfortable, but when sleeping at higher elevations (11,000+) i was getting cold with all my layers ...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Highlite
October 23, 2:49pm

Re: Diamox
Hartley, It just happened that today i read this useful post on diamox here: http://www.summitclimb.com/new/default.asp?chyes=y&ltype=FAQ&ltitle=FAQ&vid=717&prid=709&faqid=44...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Diamox
October 20, 6:02pm

stove
Go with alcohol stove!

In GEAR » Starting from Scratch
October 20, 1:23pm

Montbell Oupace Parka -9 oz rainshell?
Has anyone had experience with this one? I found this info on the fabric on Montbell's website: Breeze Dry-Tec is an innovative Montbell waterproof/breathable material, and one of the on...

In GEAR » Montbell Oupace Parka -9 oz rainshell?
October 19, 3:16pm

questions about thermos and down vest
Leslie: Thermos: No, too heavy! worst comes to worst, you can carry a Nalgene and put some boiling water into it, and stuck it into sleeping bag if your are totally freezing. Down Vest: i ag...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips/gear for women
October 09, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Cleanliness on the trail
I second with Diane on warming your water bottle before you wash. You can also do this by adding little boiling water and mixing it with cold water when you cook. All you need is little water f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleanliness on the trail
October 07, 9:41pm

fall can't do withouts
I accepted Montbell UL Parka as my personal savior. I also worship My WM Ultralite . Mountain Hardware Powerstretch Zip T is a "tight" shirt. Good Luck!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips/gear for women
October 07, 9:35pm

Megalite
One more for Megalite, if you are on the colder side of sleeping, get one with 2oz overfill.

In GEAR » Building Your Gear from Day One #2 - Sleep Bag
October 07, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm