BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 111 - 120 of 461 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...47

Forum » Thread

Ike and Ide
Great story guys!

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
April 11, 6:24pm

Exped pack
Interesting, I see they make a women's 45. I have a lumbar disc issue, and as long as everything gets transferred to my hips, it doesn't bother me. I've been pretty happy with my Deute...

In GEAR » Anybody tried the Exped Lightning 45 and 60
April 05, 4:49am

re:"A Snowy "Epic" in Grayson Highlands a.k.a Two Idiot Brothers on a Trip"
Great report Luke, thanks for sharing! Grayson is an area I really want to get to someday. I laughed out loud when I read your "don't tell mom category." It brought back one in part...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Snowy "Epic" in Grayson Highlands a.k.a Two Idiot Brothers on a Trip
March 30, 9:56am

pump sack
@Konrad "Too bad the pump sack sucks royally." Yes it truly does, I tried it a couple times then bought an instaflator. I sleep really cold and the last thing I need is cold condensation...

In GEAR » XTherm: use the included pump sack or lungs?
March 30, 8:54am

LOL!
Thanks for the laughs gentlemen, this thread made my day! Some really nice knives....and cutlery, lol, good reads, and some very nice vintages as well!

In GEAR » It's Just So Cute!!!
March 29, 5:55pm

re: "Blackbeard & Destroyer's 2012 PCT Thru Hike... The Movie!"
Simply incredible; so well done! Thanks for allowing me to hike vicariously!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blackbeard & Destroyer's 2012 PCT Thru Hike... The Movie!
March 28, 7:23pm

re: sl, thank you Brendan
"Moral, for the umpteenth time this thread: use what fits your conditions" says it all....

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
March 01, 6:14pm

"Into a land of rock and ice"
Simply breathtaking Ike, Thanks for sharing! @ Andrew +1 "There's something special about seeing a familiar place in unfamiliar conditions."

In Post-Trip Reports » Into a land of rock and ice
February 13, 6:16pm

Great discussion!
Someone please help Jennifer with her blog :-), I'd love to see some more exercises and I think many of us could benefit. I've had less than stellar pt for my knee issues and what she menti...

In GEAR » Boots, shoes, and knee support
February 13, 4:51am

sprint aquatic mesh shoes
A couple of years ago someone here posted about these. They are basically a cheap shower shoe. I googled them and bought 5 pr. figuring they'd wear out fast. I've worn two pair out so far i...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3.5 ounce streem xing sandals
February 11, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.