BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 111 - 120 of 264 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...27

Forum » Thread

observations
It seems a lightly insulated bivy, would work for pushing the dew point out of the down. It also seems a nest would be a better solution, as it provides more air space / flow. Yes both will weigh a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
May 21, 1:27pm

Borah Gear
I tested the large BorahGear bivy with a downmat and 20 degree enlightened quilt and it is fine.

In Gear Swap » WTB UL Bivy large
April 26, 10:39am

Site moving
We were moving our site yesterday so some stuff was not functional and some technical details were encountered. It should be fine now, but it's back on the old hosting solution.

In GEAR » Nesting tent poles?
April 19, 6:45am

I know
Ours nest inside each other to minimize pack space. Middle sections are larger and stronger, they use telescoping pin locks to connect.

April 18, 3:59pm

Dimensions
Dimensions and nesting Put the larger section in the middle as its stronger. For a 6ft tent usually .75 of a strong material is worthy. Shorter tents require less.

April 18, 11:01am

We have nesting poles
But the diameter is probably big for a hex 3. Ours nest from an inch doubt side diameter down

April 18, 7:59am

And
We originally had an interchangeable vent / stove jack due to customer suggestion. We moved on to a dedicated vent and stove jack ( that can close) last fall. The concept, while having some merit w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cylinder Stove Specs
April 13, 7:54am

I did not want to go there
But we bought the damper because a customer did not like something specific about it and mentioned it to us, so we took a look. I in fact have never used the damper and have no idea where it even i...

April 13, 6:30am

That is not true
Not a knock of, the only real similarity is using threaded rods. Size, seams , door and damper are much different. The damper was not based as you said , in fact it is much different, in shape, siz...

April 10, 7:17am

West elks
I use to bushwhack in those mountains :) Try a yard camp, to see what temperatures work

In GEAR » Camping with infants below freezing?
April 09, 8:15pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.