Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 111 - 120 of 8792 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...880

Forum » Thread

anonymous posters
I see we have some new members that don't have a screen name. We can't click on their profile. This is against BPL rules set back long ago. But the mods do nothing when reported. So what...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 6:10am

Re: Sawyer Squeeze
BPL Search comes up with 1320 results for Sawyer Squeeze. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/search.html?q=sawyer+squeeze&x=15&y=10

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze
February 08, 6:04am

Re: WM bag overfill - any reason not to?
You sound like the perfect overfill candidate. I myself have not noticed any downside to having had it done.

In GEAR » WM bag overfill - any reason not to?
February 07, 10:33pm

Re: Cost
Mine cost $35 including return shipping three years ago. Two week turnaround. Thought they were adding three, but they added nearly six ounces. Workmanship is superb. Can't tell anything was d...

In GEAR » WM bag overfill - any reason not to?
February 07, 8:51pm

Re: Norcal GGG #1 Trip Report and Some Photos
Great. How about Roger or one of the other mods put this over in Post Trip Reports instead? Especially with the confusing title of this thread.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California GGG #7 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
February 07, 7:03pm

Re: BPL & Global Economy
Unless you're English. Then you should support U.K. based businesses. BPL is global, don't forget that. I use MSR Groundhogs.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » General stake query
February 07, 10:20am

Re: Opinions on self defense. Threatened by hippie with machete"
Don't waste your time. Dane's last post was 8 years ago.

In Chaff » Opinions on self defense. Threatened by hippie with machete
February 07, 9:50am

Re: An accurate article on tech jobs and the offshore guest visa workers
We screw ourselves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU&spfreload=10

In Chaff » Office Politics
February 06, 1:18pm

Re: Calling Steripen Freedom Users
I have one. But I have not yet had a chance to find out about your question. I think if you aren't prone to throwing your pack spinning like a football that you will have an issue. Rotate it to...

In GEAR » Calling Steripen Freedom Users
February 06, 12:51pm

Re: BPL fails to react to distasteful ad complaints
Another month passes without a word.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
February 06, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am