BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 111 - 120 of 7872 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: The new cargo pockets...
Full Skin Out is the only truth ;)

In GEAR » Zpacks multi-pack vs belt pockets
June 30, 9:55pm

Eastern Box where are you?
What goes on with the East Coast Box?

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
June 30, 9:27pm

Re: Western Box
All good then. I'm returning for a second go too. Lots of names still on the list. All lost interest? Shame. I'm waiting for the other one to arrive. Been pulling things together.

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
June 30, 8:50pm

Re: Pure rant
Perfect example. Chaff Unrelated to any of the forums above. No rules regarding the topic. Opinions, politics, the benefits of heavy gear, you name it. Please, no commercial posts, and NO SPA...

In Chaff » Pure rant
June 30, 6:14pm

Hipster & waist packs
How big of one do you all like,+2 liter or less than?

In GEAR » Zpacks multi-pack vs belt pockets
June 30, 1:33pm

Re: Pure rant
Whatever. Matthew Perry rule applied. Oddly enough it was Justin's avatar that pushed me over the edge. And I avoid Justin's posts like the plague generally.

In Chaff » Pure rant
June 30, 11:42am

Re: WTB: Hiking poles
New to poles. I would suggest the carbon fiber ones they sell at Costco.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Hiking poles
June 30, 11:24am

Re: Backpacking 8000 miles around the perimeter of the US on Amtrak
I took the train from LA to Jacksonville right after 9/11. I could not believe how slow we went. I don't think we ever saw more than 50 mph on the whole journey. I would love to see a resurgen...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking 8000 miles around the perimeter of the US on Amtrak
June 30, 11:11am

Re: WTB: Hiking poles
fixed length? 2,3 or 4 section? adjustable? carbon or aluminum? straps? baskets? cork grips or plastic? flick locks or twist?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Hiking poles
June 30, 11:08am

Re: BA vs QD
"I am sure in time I will get into an UL tarp type shelter." If you are looking to purchase a shelter now why not take the jump?

In GEAR » BA Copper Spur 2UL vs. REI 1/4 Dome T2
June 30, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am