Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 111 - 120 of 8616 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...862

Forum » Thread

Re: Where does it say decision pending?
Here. JAN 04 2015 0 Yosemite and Sequoia Kings Canyon By Ursack | Uncategorized | No Comments Yosemite and Sequoia Kings Canyon are currently reviewing the current version of the Ursack S...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
January 05, 8:24pm

Re: repairing hypalon tear in decking snowshoes
Our disposable society at work. Good luck.

In Winter Hiking » repairing hypalon tear in decking snowshoes
January 05, 7:31pm

Re: Sheez, it must be winter
"So if you really want to make a point and hit him were it hurts the best strategy is not to login or post at all. Seriously." So is this goodbye then? See ya. If you see us getting sm...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 05, 8:05am

Re: repairing hypalon tear in decking snowshoes
I'm going to guess patching it like you would a whitewater raft. Same material isn't it pretty much? Perhaps this will help. http://www.nrs.com/repair/hypalon_repair.asp

In Winter Hiking » repairing hypalon tear in decking snowshoes
January 05, 7:59am

Re: Sheez, it must be winter
And yet you post too. "to fill the voids in their lives that allows them to get so needy and emotionally invested in an internet discussion forum they don't own or have a stake in."...

January 05, 6:50am

Re: Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
Of course you don't.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
January 04, 6:07pm

Re: Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
It's wet here and I can be ungraceful. I carry a steel as a backup that will work after a dunking.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
January 04, 5:45pm

Re: Too many rain jacket choices
I see already that I prefer the design of the Haglofs to the Westcomb, Better sleeves and hem. Similar though.

In GEAR » Too many choices, rain jackets
January 04, 6:20am

Re: 2014 Staff survivors
I hear you Donna. I am always surprised as to who is considered staff. Does not seem to be anyone who take care of say to day stuff anymore. I miss Addie. No offense but where has Doug been?...

January 04, 5:49am

Re: photos of my "winterized" tarptent moment dw
Kinda wish you'd start your own TT love fest thread Eric. You're just being rude. 19 posts in this thread alone, so far...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 04, 5:45am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am