BPL Community Profile

Adam Klagsbrun (klags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northeast US
About Me Selling wine, fixing vintage mopeds, and trying to get out of the city as often as possible...
CityBrooklyn
StateNY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Klagsbrun

Showing 111 - 120 of 173 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Why put the shell over the down layer?
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you want to put your shell over the down layer? I've never encountered conditions where it was so cold that I needed down, and yet it was so ...

In GEAR » Shell layer for over down layer for big and tall?
January 24, 9:40am

Bump
Bump!

In Gear Swap » FS: Asolo Fugitive GTX Boots
January 24, 9:25am

FS: Asolo Fugitive GTX Boots
REMOVED - no interest? Too Heavy? Going to ebay next. For sale, 1 pair of lightly used Asolo fugitive gtx boots, size 9 men's. These boots saw 2 weekend hikes in the adirondack high peaks. I th...

In Gear Swap » FS: Asolo Fugitive GTX Boots
January 23, 5:08pm

Fly creek ul
I can say I've been insanely impressed with the waterproof performance of my BA Fly Creek UL 2. I can imagine the 1P version is awesome too. Nothing wrong with going for the 2P if you like havi...

In GEAR » 1P UL's
January 22, 4:02pm

shelter
That shelter you are using in the snow photo with the mammut red jacket looks awesome. what's the deal with that?

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies Part 3: Discussion, Conclusions, and Performance of Individual Jackets
January 17, 10:26pm

guy-out points?
So it seems that the snowsag is a problem, and the tent looks to be a bit less than taught without the snow. where are the guy out points on the fly at the base in the center where the fly sags in?...

In Editor's Roundtable » Nemo Obi Elite 1P Tent Review
January 17, 10:03pm

Re: Trip Report #1
Sounds awesome. I'm definitely in for the next one! Anyone interested in scheduling an ADK high peaks adventure this winter? I'm trying to do a few day hikes and one two nighter in the high...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
January 16, 10:39am

Re: How breathable
I agree, I tend not to use anything that needs to breathe in humid or hotter climates. with good wicking layers you dry faster without a jacket and expend less energy sweating. I just try to avoid ...

In GEAR » ZPacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket
January 16, 9:22am

comparison to montane spektr smock?
Can anyone compare this in performance to the montane spektr smock? I need something that can take some abuse, and am worried this is too thin and can't be beat up. I was going to buy the Monta...

In GEAR » ZPacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket
January 16, 8:32am

Them's some fine blisters there...
Nice battle scars! Although that's why I was afraid of both the length of this trip, and the VBL sock idea - I can see myself doing that with lots of friction and was worried about the 11 mile ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
January 16, 8:09am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Klagsbrun

Adam Klagsbrun has posted no reviews.