Kent C. (kent) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale High Sierra
About Me Old days: about 50 lbs.
New, UL days: 11.3 lbs.
UL is keeping me in the mountains!
CityRoseville
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kent C.

Showing 111 - 120 of 142 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

upload pic
Dave, A couple additional thoughts: 1. a brief description is often nice (maybe as simple as where taken/what looking at). This goes in the initial "commentary / insight" box. ...

In User Test Forum » Photo test
May 02, 3:03am

Sierra critters
Cloud's Rest: Glen Aulin: -edit: oops...didn't register in mind 'til after uploaded...my pics are not JMT. Will leave up for now if no complaints, will remove if...

In Photo Gallery » JMT-
May 01, 3:08am

Width!!
Highly recommend you heed Roger's comments re Width! If the shoe isn't wide enough, your toes don't stand a chance & you'll rue the day you bought 'em! IF you have wide ...

In GEAR » First pair of lighthiking shoes - suggestions?
May 01, 2:51am

shoe fit
Spend all the necessary time to find footwear that fits properly/works for you! I can strongly recommend looking into Merrell. I wear NB 811 trail runners in 4E as my everyday shoe & Merrel...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fitting shoes
May 01, 1:55am

PCT or AT first?
>> "...and realized that this was where I wanted to be ALL OF THE TIME." I haven't done any thru-hiking, but your own words/thoughts make it quite obvious which you should d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT or AT first?
April 29, 10:58pm

Drying down (according to Montbell)
Sorry I can't cite the source, but I think it may have come from a BPL thread. Anyway, I came across this from a reputable source: I called MontBell's customer service,...They recomme...

In GEAR » Drying down sleeping bags
April 29, 2:43am

delay dirty down
David, Not sure by your comment if you're new to hiking or new to down, but FWIW keep in mind that (if you want to carry the weight) you can keep your bag much cleaner for much longer if you...

In GEAR » Drying down sleeping bags
April 29, 2:29am

gravity filter parts / ACE Hrdw
Dan & Chris, great info...I know this helps me (Thanks!) and I suspect many others.

In GEAR » Frontier Pro filter leaks
April 27, 1:30am

Re: New Containers for, anything...
> so, how do you push it out and apply it? see last line of JJ's original post.

In Make Your Own Gear » New Containers for, anything...
April 26, 4:01am

filter & tube leaks
Dan, Yup, "input". Oops; I misread. Thanks for pointing that out - I'll be using the same setup soon. Haven't begun looking yet (and haven't previously needed a barbed...

In GEAR » Frontier Pro filter leaks
April 25, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Kent C.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
In Nov. 2008 I first ordered from GG. Delivery guy tried to be helpful and put package over our fence & out of sight; he didn't notice we have dogs. They welcomed the box and had a taste. A...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 20, 4:58am