Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 111 - 120 of 677 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Salomon XA's
Love the quick lace system. One of the main features of the shoe for me. It's much easier to tweak the tightness of the shoe than with normal laces -- a simple pull of even a millimeter or two ...

In GEAR » Trying something new - trail runners
July 13, 7:24pm

Re: Cool
" I really like the XA 5; haven't tried the XA 6. " Been wearing the XA Comp series for years. Just got a pair of the XA Comp 6 and took them on a hike in June. If anything they se...

In GEAR » Trying something new - trail runners
July 11, 8:09pm

Re: Help with wife's gear.
First, I'd be prepared for temperatures below freezing if you plan to spend the night at the North Rim. For my wife, that means a 20-F bag and some warm sleeping clothes. (We had frost on our t...

In Gear Lists » Help with wife's gear.
July 04, 1:32pm

Re: How to wash dishes clean, light, and efficient (microfibre towel, sponege, bandana or soemthing else)?
I make a small scrubby out of a piece of nylon mesh bag, like an onion bag from the grocery store. It scrubs well, shakes dry, doesn't grow nasties, and won't register on my scale. A tiny d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to wash dishes clean, light, and efficient (microfibre towel, sponege, bandana or soemthing else)?
June 25, 2:47pm

Re: Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
Rafi, Not sure how you are measuring, but given how the side walls are arranged between the two tents, I cannot imagine that the Lightheart duo is "larger inside" than the SMD Lunar Du...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 16, 7:28pm

Sure, it's a fine pack
It's a fine lightweight pack, and that price is reasonable. The pack has a decent suspension and will hold a light kit. Two comments: 1. It needs to fit well, or it's not worthwhile at a...

In GEAR » Rei flash 62?
June 07, 11:27am

Re: UL BP & DSLR
Horses for courses, as they say. The Sony NEX 7 and the Fuji XPro1 get excellent reviews for image quality. These are APS-size sensors, so the same size as your D80, not 24x36mm ("full fra...

In Photography » UL BP & DSLR
June 06, 6:26pm

Re: Looking for a New Little Camera
Most of my small cameras are Panasonic, for no good reason other than they had decent features and prices. My hiking camera is a ZS1, which has a fairly wide angle lens (equivalent to a 25-300mm le...

In GEAR » Looking for a New Little Camera
May 24, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Circuit is a nice comfortable pack for a big guy
Hmm, I'm curious about the 43 ounce weight for your Circuit. My large Circuit has all the removable items stripped off, and I am using an ancient ULA hip belt which is smaller than the curr...

In GEAR » Sub-2 lb pack for a big guy
May 24, 6:37pm

Re: Pondering on a poncho tent design
Yes, I remember doing this with Army issue ponchos -- the snaps on the edges could be used to create "sleeves" while wearing it as a poncho, or to snap two (or more) together to make a sh...

In GEAR » Pondering on a poncho tent design
May 24, 6:08am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm