BPL Community Profile

kevin davidson (kdesign) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mythical State of Jefferson
About Me je suis un alpiniste, skieur de randonee, marcheur ultra léger, dessinateur d'intérieurs, et connoisseur de microbrew.
moins c'est plus!
Cityune petite ville dans l' ouest
Countryétat libre de l'Orégon
My PDF Gear ListSierra Early Fall 06 Gearlist--lows to high 20's

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin davidson

Showing 111 - 120 of 1333 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...134

Forum » Thread

Have some water
You are having a fevered delerium brought on by severe heat and a lack of a good martini... and you're right, some nomads wore thick clothing and sometimes thin. There is (was) seasonal as well...

In GEAR » Layering observation
July 06, 7:51pm

large predator pro----seriously
I realize that there is a serious side to this topic, too, and that not all can be fun and games (although it has been fun). So, a serious response. What I do---know thy potential predator, use ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Large carnivore/omnivore protection
July 06, 7:35pm

UL bonds of love
I once exchanged matching carabiners with a girlfriend of mine...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » ultimate U.L upgradel
July 06, 6:35pm

Since some brought up trekking poles...
...for backcountry defense, why not up the ante a bit with the venerable victorian sword cane---a walking stick w/ a sticker one can pull out. Only a matter of time before some enterprising t...

July 06, 6:25pm

Re. Ron Bell's artful deterrent
This from the man who turned me on to the use of spectra cord as a SUL Marmot garotte! >:-)> Bring back team MLD!

July 06, 2:34pm

NZ is more than that place they filmed Lord of the Rings :-)
Now that's a well-stocked gear closet of wool baselayers. The New Zealand gov't should give you points for subsidizing it's economy! The 140 weight is great stuff--- I'd like Ice...

In GEAR » Icebreaker Superfine or Smartwool Microlight???
July 06, 11:39am

Pro from the Big Bads-----I just can't leave well enough alone...
I like to hike among a group of 4 or more bears----that keeps the lions away. As an added bonus--- pesky scout troops will camp nowhere near you. :-D

July 06, 8:42am

Talk to the man, himself
You should talk to Graham. He's a great guy.

In GEAR » Cliogear packs
July 05, 10:09pm

C-I-L-O gear Packs----
Brett---just cross post your mini-review to the Reader Reviews. It's great. I've come close to buying one of these packs over the last couple of seasons. I'm still eking out a little ...

In GEAR » Cliogear packs
July 05, 9:43pm

The nomads were on to something...
It was indeed pretty hot. Humidity stayed above 30 % but by Eastern Summer or Asian conditions, it was a fairly dry feeling heat. The following observations are quite subjective and results may...

In GEAR » Layering observation
July 05, 6:40pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin davidson

Showing 1 - 10 of 59 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
In the Sub one pound category of packs made specifically for backpacking, this is probably the finest blend of form and function---a "practical" SUL Pack that is still composed of lightweigh...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 22, 9:53pm

Backpacking Light Firelite SUL-500 Cookpot
...but I do actually own one of these puppies, so I'll chime in. It's thin, thin, thin and I could squeeze a significant dent into it, in my hand. You don't get this extreme level of light...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 17, 12:55pm

Playpus 2L Big Zip
It's never leaked in it's 1 1/2 years of use and have come to trust it. I generally use this on group trips where it's nice to have larger volumes of purified water on hand in camp situati...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
July 15, 9:01pm

Platypus Platy Reservoir
The dedicated hydration systems by Platypus are more reliable than the "retrofit" of the resevoir into one. The Big Zip is far better to the purpose.

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
July 15, 8:54pm

BackpackingLight.com
Very efficient and friendly CS from BPL. Addie (and Ryan---when A. is on vacation) runs a tight ship----my questions and requests have been handled very promptly and services like running down to the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 14, 3:02pm

BMW Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
Another preliminary review focusing on fit, features and construction. Although many of you might be more attracted with the (on paper) 1 oz. savings of weight of the Cocoon Hooded Pullover, the Pr...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
July 12, 10:13pm

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Pants
I got these to supplement my aging Golite Synergy pants---they have several things going for them. They are very light, very water resistant and have partial leg zips to ease putting on over shoes or ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 06, 12:12pm

MiniBullDesigns SSBIT
Another very fine MBD alcohol stove. This one is a pressurized top jet design that produces a flame narrow enough to use with Heine and Foster can/pots. It was ostensibly designed to retrofit Esbit s...

In Stoves - Alcohol
July 06, 11:51am

ULA Equipment
Brian is not only a great designer of packs, but a great sewer, too, when the seamstress brigades of Logan, UT are fully engaged. He also has entertained us over the last few years with on-line diarie...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 05, 9:30pm

MiniBullDesigns Stealth (ver.1)
This fierce but absurdly light (.23 oz.) little side-burner is great for boiling water in a Snow Peak 600 cup. Takes about 6 min. Burns for about 8 minutes or so on 1 oz. of fuel. This was an earli...

In Stoves - Alcohol
July 02, 11:23am