Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 111 - 120 of 3262 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...327

Forum » Thread

Re: Avoid Gore Windstopper
Ryan, you sweat no matter what you are doing at any activity level. You even sweat when you are cold. There were arctic explorers who had their animal furs blankets/sleeping bags accumulate many...

In Gear Lists » Cold weather gear advice for Alaska (really...)
November 26, 10:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Outdoor Research Mukluks
oops, i meant to ask "Is there anything wrong with wearing them on bare snow withOUT snowshoes or cramps?" Do they leak through terribly in snow when in above freezing temps?

In GEAR » Outdoor Research Mukluks
November 26, 9:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Outdoor Research Mukluks
"The 40 Below overboots are great, as long as you're wearing snowshoes or some other traction device. You don't want to hike in the boots by themselves." Is there anything wron...

November 26, 8:49pm

Re: re: 40 below boots
I'm not sure Adam. I know that Adam Crimswell and Marc Eldridge have used them in the Sierras which are warmer/wetter. Hopefully someone with experience with them can give their input.

November 26, 8:44pm

Re: Re: Not in AK but still....
Ryan, gore windstopper is goretex. A more breathable version of goretex, but it's pretty much waterproof. Maybe not so good for multiple days in sub zero weather.

In Gear Lists » Cold weather gear advice for Alaska (really...)
November 26, 8:29pm

Re: Outdoor Research Mukluks
Look at the 40 below light energy tr overboots. The have no stiff sole, just a neoprene like cover for warmth. I am going to try using them with minimalist shoes and an extra insole in the overboot...

November 26, 8:01pm

Re: 12.8 oz down parka w/ 7oz of fill
How is that even possible? And I thought the mirage was pushing the limits.

In GEAR » 12.8 oz down parka w/ 7oz of fill
November 25, 10:16pm

FS: Salomon Winter Cycling/Skiing Tights
Salomon WS Trail Tights, size medium mens. This is a catch and release. I bought this from Max Dithely for a very generous price. These seem like great tights, but they are only windproof on t...

In Gear Swap » FS: Salomon Winter Cycling/Skiing Tights
November 25, 5:57pm

Re: Cant stand oatmet for breakfast anymore...ideas?
Dehydrated whole milk with breakfast cereal. It always tastes good on the trail and very easy.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cant stand oatmet for breakfast anymore...ideas?
November 25, 5:33pm

Re: patagonia r3 for backpacking
Yes, it's too warm as an active layer unless it's very cold, colder than what you would experience. You are really going to want some kind of lighter active layer or else you will be too ho...

In GEAR » patagonia r3 for backpacking
November 25, 5:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am