BPL Community Profile

Justin Chaussee (judach) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Earth
About Me I'd rather be fishing...
CitySuck-ramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Chaussee

Showing 111 - 120 of 187 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

How far?
How far are you willing to drive? I think Joshua tree and death valley are great this time of year. Not too hot and no snow or rain. Just really windy and chilly at night. Perfect temps in the day ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where around the CA Bay area cam I go for ~a week this time of year?
September 25, 4:48pm

Re: Impressive restraint
It's because we all live in a yellow submarine, baby!

In GEAR » Wood Stoves and Knives
September 24, 4:19pm

wood stoves and knives
I don't know... I don't even include my knife when calculating my total weight. My knife is the most essential piece of equipment I own. Personally, I want a very sturdy knife. I've...

In GEAR » Wood Stoves and Knives
September 24, 12:11pm

Re: Merrell Shoe Question
I have always been a huge fan of Merrell's and have a pair of mid height Moab's. I think they offer a lot of ankle support! I've worn them while hopping across rocks in the south yuba...

In GEAR » Merrell Shoe Question
September 23, 10:44am

how I store pack at night.
I have always just stored my pack in my tent. I sometimes use it as a pillow, but I normally use a wadded up fleese or something like that. My food is stored seperately.

In Philosophy & Technique » How to store pack at night?
September 22, 10:29am

Re: Re: Pack?
Dan, I've wondered the exact same thing (as I'm sure most people who watch the show have). I'd be interested to learn what the rules are because if they don't have any regulation o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mantracker
September 22, 10:23am

Mantracker
Does anyone watch the show "Mantracker"? I LOVE that show personally, but I've noticed an on going trend with the contestants... How come a majority of them seem to have packed ev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mantracker
September 19, 8:28am

iphone gps app
The specific app I'm referring to is the "iphone GPS kit" for $9.99. I believe the maker is Garafa, LLC.

In GEAR » iPhone 3GS
July 30, 11:53pm

iPhone 3GS
I just upgraded both my wife's phone and mine from the 1st generation iphones to the new iphone 3GS. I was wondering if anyone here has installed apple's GPS kit for 10 bucks and if so, is...

In GEAR » iPhone 3GS
July 30, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Easy UL Foods from the Grocery Store
I second that motion. Canned sardines are one of my favorites. Currently, my meal of choice is a can of smoked oysters and triskets. Mmmmmm....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Easy UL Foods from the Grocery Store
July 19, 9:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Chaussee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Dualist
This is a very cool system. It's not titanium, but it's still very light for what you get. Also, the price is right at around 30-40 bucks. There are two models, the dualist and the soloist....

In Cookware - Other
June 27, 3:50pm

Big Agnes Lost Ranger
I am a big guy (6'3, 330 lbs). My goal was to find a bag that would keep me warm but had enough room that I didn't feel like a sausage in a casing... This bag is great! I bought the long ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 23, 3:06pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I've used the pocket rocket for a few years now. I rated it a 4 for the following reasons: Pro: -lightweight -easy to use/light -boils water fast in calm weather -small size fits easily in...

In Stoves - Canister
June 23, 2:26pm

GoLite Jam2
I bought this pack a few months ago after using a Kelty redwing 3100 for years. Not to discredit the Kelty since it is a very reliable and DURABLE pack, but I do not see myself using anything else ot...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 26, 8:35am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
First off, let me say that there is NOTHING light about either one of these packs. They are not super heavy for what they are (A large daypack and an expedition/extended trip pack) but they do not fa...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 18, 11:54am

Campmor .com
The reason I went with a 5 rating for Campmor had to do with their selection of merchandise and their prices. Whenever I'm in the market for a piece of gear, I always look at campmor first. 90% ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 18, 11:30am