BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 111 - 120 of 656 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
I see comments such as "fire can be the difference between life and death". Do people actually rely this heavily on fire? When I go out, I would NEVER rely on fire as my savior in an e...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
February 21, 2:11pm

Re: Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
I carry a mini bic and some storm proof matches. Really, what is the worst that could happen without hot water? Most dehydrated or freeze-dried meals can rehydrate with normal water, although it wi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do you carry a backup fire starter? What and Why or Why Not?
February 20, 8:46pm

Re: Rab Boreas (size Medium)
Price dropped to $45 shipped.

In Gear Swap » FS: Rab Boreas (size Medium)
February 20, 4:20pm

Re: Patagonia Baggies Shorts 7'' (size Medium)
Price dropped to $30 shipped for the Patagonia Baggies.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montane Mountain Fury Tights (size Medium) and Patagonia Baggies Shorts 7'' (size Medium)
February 20, 4:20pm

Re: Shipping a pack
I have found FedEx Ground to be the cheapest for shipping large packages across the country. I once shipped an external fram pack from AZ to NJ via FedEx Ground for around $15 or $17. Insurance is ...

In GEAR » Shipping a pack
February 20, 1:59pm

Re: Rab Boreas (size Medium)
Also open to full or partial trades for MYOG supplies.

In Gear Swap » FS: Rab Boreas (size Medium)
February 19, 6:58pm

Re: Patagonia Baggies Shorts 7'' (size Medium)
Also open to full or partial trades for MYOG supplies.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montane Mountain Fury Tights (size Medium) and Patagonia Baggies Shorts 7'' (size Medium)
February 19, 6:57pm

RE: trimming the straps on my pack
If you are certain you like this pack and want to use it for a long while AND you don't need the extra length, then I say go ahead and trim the straps. Waist belt and shoulder straps are often ...

In GEAR » How much weight will I shed if I start trimming the straps on my pack (Lowe Alpine Zepton 50?)
February 18, 10:37am

Re: tested
Really nice work, Richard. I would volunteer to send you my Montane Mountain Star for testing if you'd like.

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
February 17, 11:37am

Re: Re: Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
I went from a bag (heavy), to my 1st quilt (too narrow), then back to a bag, and then back to a quilt again. I've been using quilts only for about 2 years now. Coldest night was 10 degrees - I ...

In GEAR » Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
February 17, 10:33am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.