BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale PNW
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
StateOregon
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 111 - 120 of 581 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Stratosphire
@Franco (or anyone else): how do you fit a StratoSpire 1 in your pack? The packed length is listed at 16'', which I assume is because of the carbon fiber struts. I like to keep my shelte...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 17, 10:22pm

Re: Looking for the (?maybe?) perfect quilt and need some help finding it
Sounds like a Katabatic Alsek (except for the square baffles). I would talk to Ben at GooseFeet Gear - he may be able to make exactly what you want. He added a draft collar onto my 20 degree qui...

In GEAR » Looking for the (?maybe?) perfect quilt and need some help finding it.
October 16, 8:24am

Re: SOL Emergency Blanket
How long do these usually last when used as groundsheets? Any comparison to polycro in regards to durability and compactness?

In Make Your Own Gear » Mylar Bath Tub Floor
October 14, 9:22pm

Re: Backpacking trip in AZ
I called the Payson Ranger's Office and a recording said that campgrounds are open so I am not sure that the parking lot for Horton Creek would be closed. When are you planning your trip for...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking trip in AZ
October 14, 1:41pm

Re: Bugs 'n' Mids
@ BER: I imagine the problem with a sewn in floor would be opening the mid in the rain. It might work well if the netting and floor splits the mid in half or 2/3 though. The SMD Lunar Solo is basic...

In GEAR » BUg protection in Mids
October 10, 1:46pm

Re: WTB: MLD Superfly
Still looking - doesn't seem like many of these were made.

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Superfly
October 09, 3:36pm

Re: Bottle cap adapter for Sawyer mini filter
Isn't that just the adapter that Sawyer sells? http://www.rei.com/product/837889/sawyer-inline-adapter-water-filter-connections

In GEAR » Bottle cap adapter for Sawyer mini filter
October 09, 3:33pm

WTB: MLD Superfly
Anyone happen to have an MLD Superfly lying around they'd like to sell?

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Superfly
October 08, 2:16pm

RE: Which Packs Smallest - Silnylon or Cuben?
Here is my experience with two tarps: Silnylon: 8x10 Cuben: 8.5x10 When just stuffing, the silnylon tarp definitely packs smaller. The material is slippery and very flexible and so it stuffs...

In Make Your Own Gear » Which Packs Smallest - Silnylon or Cuben?
October 06, 2:27pm

Re: Using a tarp alone
I plan on using my flat tarp with a bug net for my dog and I (just ordered a Yama 2.0 bug shelter), so we will see how it works out. As Steven mentioned, this setup should provide good flexibility ...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 01, 8:21am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.