BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 111 - 120 of 325 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...33

Forum » Thread

Mids, without trekking poles
Interested in the pyramid shelter concept, but I don't carry trekking poles. Won't carrying a stout pole that I wouldn't otherwise negate any weight savings? Especially when pared w/ ...

In GEAR » Mids, without trekking poles
June 02, 11:40pm

Thorofare
would the pants fit a size 34? If so, I'll take. Thx!

In Gear Swap » FS -- BPL Thorofare, Patagonia Capilene, Terramar T shirts, and ULA pocket
May 17, 11:00pm

Rainbow - Moment - Contrails
"Moment, hands down!" "Rainbow - no question" my point exactly! What to do?

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment vs Rainbow
May 16, 12:28am

cutting firewood
Man, have been to so many high country campsites where every branch w/in a half mile has been sawed or hacked off, every fallen log stripped of branches, ground bare. Bummer. W/o telling other fo...

In GEAR » cutting firewood
May 15, 4:52pm

Tarptent Moment vs Rainbow vs. Contrail
I've had a Squall 2 for a few years, and have been very happy with it. Occasionally have had the wind shift on me and had to reorient tent... so it goes. Now looking for a solo shelter, and t...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment vs Rainbow
May 15, 1:37pm

Bushbuddy plus pot
Which snow peak pot is it?

In Gear Swap » FS Bushbuddy and Snowpeak Pot
May 15, 8:46am

upgrade from sd800 to s90
Franco: exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Brian: Thanks for the pointer Bob: thanks for the detailed response...

In Photography » Upgrade to S90 from SD800 worth it?
May 14, 9:40am

Upgrade from s90 to sd800
Priorities: Honestly, I've just noticed that with the same level of skill on my end, I take much better pictures w/ the DSLR we have at work than I do with my little sd800. But I'm not go...

May 13, 10:47pm

Trout, no skills, cheap gear
Thanks for the responses folks! Checking into cheap spinning gear and the Tenkara. Tenkara looks like you need major stalking skills... The kitchen issue is a good point. Grill made out of coa...

In Fishing » Catch trout - no skills, cheap gear
May 13, 10:25pm

Upgrade to S90 from SD800 worth it?
I'm a very amateur photographer who would like to take better photos, and would like the camera to help me! Am considering upgrading from my old Canon Powershot SD800 to the new S90. Is it a ...

May 13, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.