BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 111 - 120 of 448 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: James
My point more against mosquito netting type fabric and only if it was a on the footbox end I have no clue how much colder. Just that it would be colder. I don't think the will be much of a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
March 01, 2:39pm

Re: Re: James and Mike
Maybe tyvek would be a good option (i don't know much about tyvek. I don't know about Sweeden but here you can get tyvek envelopes from the post office. I have a feeling if you add ...

March 01, 10:48am

Recomendation
I have a feeling cotton or nylon will make no difference in this application vs the stock M50. If the bivy was exposed to very windy conditions, maybe you'd see less condensation (but you'...

March 01, 8:39am

crowds
I went in late july a few years back. I would say after getting a few miles from the trail we saw probably 15 ppl over the 5days. We only to share a campsite one of the 4 nights. Was a wonde...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 4 pass loop
February 28, 7:57pm

Re: Strength training to lighten the load
Piper, good for you.

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 25, 2:54pm

Re: weight training - don't take it too far
"I can say without hesitation that I can hike much farther and faster now than when I could squat 500lbs" I imagine this has much more to do with 40lbs less weight vs the fact that you...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 25, 2:53pm

Re: Standardized Boil Time ?
deleted - impatient double post

In GEAR » Standardized Boil Time ?
February 22, 11:15am

Re: Standardized Boil Time ?
The following information is helpful in making meaningful comparasions between stove systems and boil time measurements: -basic cooking system description (stove type, pot type/dimensions, winds...

In GEAR » Standardized Boil Time ?
February 22, 11:14am

Re: Coffee - carry a mug?
I just use the paper or foam cut I got from the gas station / fast food joint on the drive up to the trail. My pot is short and fat so these typically doesn't nest but I just fill it with fo...

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 21, 2:57pm

Re: Bob is correct
haha, I think bob is make a play on "down"

In Make Your Own Gear » Where do you get good quality 650-800 FP down?
February 20, 2:36pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm