BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CityLawrence
StateKS
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.hobohiker.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 111 - 120 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

re: jamie's tent
Nice tent Jamie, looks like the MYOG bug continues to treat you well. The tarp and bivy wet my appetite. Your tent looks like the cut on my Quest Outfitters tarp. Did you by any chance use their sp...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tents?
December 11, 9:02am

thanks jack
These are a start. I hope to collect a collage of sorts from various users. I found some more on the old Swap archives, but they aren't closeups.

In GEAR » Golite Breeze Pics?
December 10, 10:48am

Golite Breeze Pics?
I'm sewing a pack for my wife after finding that most of the small frameless packs are still oddly sized and don't really fit. I would like to see some better pics of a Breeze than I can fi...

In GEAR » Golite Breeze Pics?
December 10, 9:29am

re: peter
Peter, in Beyond Backpacking Jardine recommends Polarguard 3D and Primaloft. Not sure if that's what he's still using in these kits. I bet they will kindly tell you if you email. The kit in...

In GEAR » Summer quilt
December 08, 9:17am

re: pack mods
Nice work John. I've got some old running shirts that need retiring. Guess where they're going?

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack
December 08, 9:00am

re: myog quilt
take a peek at the Ray Way Quilts. $75 bucks for the standard 1P quilt, plus $10 for Alpine upgrade(exends to about 20deg.) The Ray Way Quilts don't use baffles and won't stress your sewin...

In GEAR » Summer quilt
December 08, 8:46am

re: vacs
Tim, I like how you assign ownership to your wife on the Dyson. Looking at the prices of those things, I wouldn't want to replace one, much less face my wife with a broken vacuum and a room ful...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help needed - filling MYOG down quilt
December 04, 8:25am

re: pinnacle
Careful on the Pinnacle. My wife is 5'2" and we couldn't get any use out of the load lifters on the PInnacle. It's rated for a 15" torso, but on my wife it just slumped over ...

In Gear Deals » Women's GoLite packs 46-55% off at Sunny Sports
December 02, 2:17pm

re: straps
Ditto on using old pack for template. If you don't have an old pack: Measure your torso(illiac crest to vertebrae at base of neck(forgot #?)). From there I would reverse engineer based on th...

In Make Your Own Gear » back packs
December 02, 7:57am

re: teal color
I settled for teal from Quest recently on a tarp I made. Silver silnylon is in short supply. When I received the fabric I found it to be more "natural" green than a bright teal color. I&#...

In Gear Swap » 1.1 oz SilNylon (2nds)
December 01, 7:34am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.