Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jennifer ross (jenhifive) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Norcal
About Me Hey, I'm looking for tips to go lighter and ideas for more trips. I've only been backpacking for 4 years and just recently realized my pack could've been MUCH lighter. I usually do two 9 day trips, three 5 day trips and a few weekend trips a year so I'd like to make the most out of the little time I have. I need to branch out of the same 'ol romps I frequent.
CityMarysville
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jennifer ross

Showing 111 - 120 of 143 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Pit zips
For snow and rain I have to have them because I sweat while snowshoeing no matter how cold. So get an eVent with pit zips. You're missing pants, gaiters and shoes.

In GEAR » No-fuss winter
September 23, 11:25am

in store and online
The 20% thing will come in your email or in the catalog in the mail but you will be able to use it in store or online. They also send a few additional 20% off just for their rei outlet online that ...

In GEAR » When is REI's next 20% off Members Coupon?
September 23, 11:19am

Textual content vs. verbal content
Sometimes I re-read something four times trying to understand the tone and it ends up being sarcasm. Maybe the rudeness is misconstrued because everything sounds harsher when read by someone that d...

In Chaff » Seriously?
September 23, 11:05am

I prefer ignorance
Jesus Christ, really 33,000? Are there really that many deer that need to be "population controlled"?

In Chaff » Lightest body armor
September 23, 9:22am

Don't take offense, people learn from arguments
"To my disgust, my favorite wild trout stream in the San Bernardino Mts. is riddled with graffittied rocks and signs within 1-2 miles from the trailhead. Are these not good reasons to encourag...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 23, 9:15am

No cell reception
that I've found. It's been a while but I remember from bear harbor camp going up on a cliff at the south end of the harbor and seeing the most beautiful sunset on the ocean that I've...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Coast Trails Trip Set For Next Week (6/5-6/9) -- Any Info Appreciated
September 22, 7:57pm

Touchy touchy
@david This was way better than the response I wasn't going to put anyway. "I sure hope all the anti-hunters are practicing a 100% vegan lifestyle, no leather seats in their cars, no do...

September 22, 7:12pm

Bear cans necessary
Bears are very common in the area and even in town. You'll notice when you drive through town that the dumpsters are locked.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need help - Mamoth lakes
September 22, 6:42pm

So many nice vibes
Removed for violating #1 in our Chat Board message policy. Addie Bedford Forum Moderator

September 21, 11:14pm

Surprise
@Adam The only reason I personally opened and then replied on this thread is because "ultralight revolver" sounded like a jacket name. Could have been a sleeping bag name. In other threa...

September 21, 10:31pm

All Reader Reviews by jennifer ross

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I used a prolite 3 for years (12-13 oz) and thought it was comfortable enough until I got a neoair. I love that I don't have to fuss anymore about clearing every stick and stone before i set up ca...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 23, 9:19pm

REI Sub Kilo 15* Ladies Regular
I bought this sleeping bag in Juneish and returned it after being stuck with it on the jmt. I loathed this bag. The seams didn't hold so feathers were everywhere, the zipper sticks 80% of the...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
September 26, 10:07pm