Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 111 - 120 of 1889 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...189

Forum » Thread

committees: Industry motivations
Q. What do you get when a committee sets out to design a horse? A. a camel

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
February 18, 7:10am

Re: The Marshall Plan
Very interested to know how you like the Marshall pattern, please post up. Will do. Regards you elasticized tube--read your description thrice--still don't understand. Yeah, I was thinkin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thru-Hiker Fleece Mitten Pattern Comments.
February 17, 6:34am

Re: Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
Jim, you really, really need one of these setups. Just think, nice hot muffins in the morning, pizza or a cheeseburger or something else in the evening. No baggie meals. Doug, yer killin me .......

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
February 17, 6:26am

Re: Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
Idester ... you evil man This stove junkie is happy with a Kovea Spider for winter and a CC Ti-Tri + inferno the rest of the year ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it (pay no atte...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
February 16, 8:16pm

Re: Thru-Hiker Fleece Mitten Pattern Comments.
I haven't made fleece mitts but used the Thru-Hiker pattern for shell mitts and that worked well. Comments: +1 Delmar's remark about scaling for hand size. I gave up on zig-zag for the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thru-Hiker Fleece Mitten Pattern Comments.
February 16, 6:06pm

Re: Eddie Bauer bought out
I don't own any EB, but maybe I will when they have a 2 for 1 sale and two free neckties. I own a couple EB things. Their MSRP is WAY over my $$ pain point but with patience I've been a...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer bought out
February 16, 5:48pm

Re: Eddie Bauer bought out
Any other previous EB customers get an email invite to participate in a survey with q 20% off coupon "payment"? (Just wanting to avoid being phished)

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer bought out
February 16, 2:15pm

Re: Seeking input for multi SHT bike shuttle hikes
No way! There's trail punks hiding behind about every 100th tree just waiting for chances to do mischief! OK, I've filled my quota of snarky remarks for the day;-) I've bike shut...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Seeking input for multi SHT bike shuttle hikes
February 16, 10:33am

Re: Neoprene socks
thx Andy. While I (maybe) have your attention ... those event gaiters you were using, still working well? I forget the brand, pls refresh my memory.

In GEAR » Winter Boots
February 11, 8:54pm

Re: Minus
Perhaps you've heard no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing ?? OK, enough cabin fever here. Where are my snowshoes?

In Winter Hiking » Your coldest night camping?
February 08, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am