BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 111 - 120 of 1852 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...186

Forum » Thread

Re: VAPOR BARRIER CLOTHING
Stephenson's Warmlite

In GEAR » VAPOR BARRIER CLOTHING
December 09, 4:09pm

Re: Cabela's PowerDry Hoodie $35.99 online
Those looking for same fabric but in weights better suited to less cold temps might like these deals: silk wt crew: http://bit.ly/IzQX4t mid wt crew: http://bit.ly/19tM5EK Note: neither are...

In Gear Deals » Cabela's PowerDry Hoodie $35.99 online
December 08, 3:41pm

Re: Your "stupid light" moments.
FSO gear list for a mid September six day 600 mile solo bike tour in MN and the Dakotas: Peugeot PX-10 bike (great ride) brand X aluminum rack Brooks seat bag spare tire very small tool kit ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 05, 9:32pm

Re: Mechanical pencils
Nick, I'm not sure your pencil apprenticeship is complete ... have you read How to Sharpen Pencils? The author is even a Blackwing fan.

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 05, 7:02pm

Re: Superior - 2 nights on the SHT in Minnesota
@Harrison: "Yooper" ... I'm not, but it does leave me wondering how many BPLers understand that term:-) @Sam: I'll try to give salve for that hope if I can get a suitable crew ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Superior - 2 nights on the SHT in Minnesota
December 05, 6:52pm

Re: Hem on the Bias
Jim if you would be so kind as to expound on your previous thought, I'm not sure I've quite followed you. Sure. I should start by saying none of these thoughts are originally mine ......

In Make Your Own Gear » 8-Sided Winter Tipi
December 04, 8:18pm

Re: Hem on the Bias
Hem on a bias ... for the sake of strengthening the tent and making it pitch better. Um ... no? It might help how the pitch looks but it moves the stretch from where you want it (center of pa...

In Make Your Own Gear » 8-Sided Winter Tipi
December 04, 6:05am

Re: Re: Re: Mukluks?
Max asked: What determines if it's a Steger Mukluk or not? Mukluks are a type of footwear. Steger is a brand of mukluks from a company started and AFAIK still run by Patti Steger, former sp...

In GEAR » Steger Mukluks
December 02, 1:10pm

Re: Which is more comfortable: NeoAir Xlite or ProLite Plus?
I can't speak for the current versions of either but I used the original ProLite for a few years before switching to the original NeoAir. I ain't going back.

In GEAR » Which is more comfortable: NeoAir Xlite or ProLite Plus?
December 02, 12:57pm

Re: REI Black Friday
>REI Black Friday info is on the website - http://www.rei.com/black-friday. Can order online starting immediately. Between regular REI's sale and REI-outlet most of the Flash pack line is...

In Gear Deals » REI Black Friday Sale?
November 28, 6:14am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am