Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jason Brinkman (jbrinkmanboi) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me I backpack, hike, raft, hunt, fish, mountain bike, ski, snowshoe, trail run, etc.
CityBoise
StateIdaho
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListRocky Mountain Summer 3-day Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Brinkman

Showing 111 - 120 of 499 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: Who still needs one?
Apparently I am a little late getting to the dance, but I would be happy to put one to good use on a tent purchase, if you find any more. Thanks a bunch for making any and all available!

In Gear Deals » 25% Off at Rei coupons
July 09, 12:16am

Re: Ditch Your Stakes
Most impressive. Best drawings yet IMO, including Mike's books. My favorite line was "flossing the ice deadperson". And just the term "deadperson"... that's great -...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ditch Your Stakes: A Guide To Alternative Shelter Anchors
July 09, 12:07am

Re: Polycro Groundsheet
David - you get the Lightitude Award for the lightest fully anchored groundsheet ever. Congratulations! Out of curiosity though, what is it's primary function? 1. Abrasion resistance? 2...

In GEAR » Tent footprint - help me choose one
July 01, 10:42pm

Re: And the winner is...
Wow, great work David. Those kind of results are certainly pretty definitive. Now I am wishing for a third parallel test of the Giga Stove GST-100. I purchased a Snow Peak Titanium Bowl a ...

In GEAR » Snowpeak Litemax stove
July 01, 12:23am

Re: spend my money on a good tarp or a good bivy???
Hard to say for certain, and it depends on your pack weight goals. I hate bivies that condensate badly, so for me, a highly breathable bivy is key. I have bivies with tops made of eVENT and Per...

In GEAR » spend my money on a good tarp or a good bivy???
June 30, 1:16pm

Re:
What? No BPL/BMW warehouse in Bozeman? What kinda front are these people running? California!?! Just kidding of course. In any event, a warehouse is not a retail store, so that comment was p...

In GEAR » When to divorce your gear dealer...
June 30, 1:10pm

Re: Trapper and Caldera Fissure update
I would support the idea of a bale handle. On my Snowpeak 700 (with handles), I routinely pick up the cone and pot together, and that is with the 'standard' fit. With a tighter fit an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me brainstorm a Caldera Cone (TM) for the FireLite 475ml Ti Trapper's Mug
June 30, 12:55pm

Re: How important is carbon filtration in water treatment?
Carbon, even in relatively small quantities, is effective in absorbing chemicals and odors, and improving the taste of the filtered water. If your water is at risk for human or farm pollution, m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How important is carbon filtration in water treatment?
June 30, 12:16am

Your new gear dealer...
Without commenting specifically on your experience with NL... I bet if you call BPL customer service that you could make an appointment to tour their Bozeman warehouse. Maybe they'll even l...

In GEAR » When to divorce your gear dealer...
June 29, 11:33pm

Re: Pack covers - how many use them?
I own a couple sizes of Sea to Summit pack covers that fit everything I own. However, more often than not, they are left behind. In summer, I usually carry a poncho, so no pack cover required...

In GEAR » Pack covers - how many use them?
June 29, 11:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Brinkman

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I've had zero problems with my Firesteel. It always throws a reliable and predictably shaped spark fan. Lights stoves or fires easily. Lighting a fire does require a dry tinder material (found ...

In Cookware - Other
July 24, 10:18am

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
I picked up a REI Minimalist Bivy in size long to try out. The long also has added girth, which is great. I slept in it twice in my backyard proving ground. Both times were clear, low humidity night...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 09, 11:53pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
Tried the Shot Bloks (pina colada and black cherry) for the first time on a trip in Hells Canyon last weekend. I found the texture and flavor to be VERY appealing, and the calorie density is acceptab...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 09, 11:26pm

Black Diamond Spire Elliptical Trekking Poles
I was intrigued by these initially because of the ellipical shafts - definitely seem stronger/stiffer on the principle axis than comparable weight round poles. I was willing to live with the 20 oz pe...

In Trekking Poles
February 28, 11:57pm