BPL Community Profile

Jed Augustine (jaugusti) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Appalachians/Rockies
About Me Student at the University of Chicago. I don't have much time to backpack, so I want to make my kit as simple and easy to go as possible. I am interested in the cathartic effects of spending time in the wilderness and its application in therapy and counseling.
CityAtlanta
StateGA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListJed's UL 1 Week 3 Season List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jed Augustine

Showing 111 - 120 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Situations where you would be separated from your pack?
Hey y'all- I'm having a bit of difficulty imagining situations in which you would be separated from your pack, short of a very unfortunate scenario involving cliffs. I chock this up to l...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 30, 8:00pm

Trip Help: Warmer and Shorter in France?
Moved from "Trip Reports" forum... my bad! Hey y'all- First I have to thank everyone who helped me out the first time I asked about backpacking in France. Now that I am actual...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trip Help: Warmer and Shorter in France?
October 05, 3:16pm

Re: Re: Trip Help: Shorter and Warmer in France?
Ah oops. Thanks for the advice!

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Help: Shorter and Warmer in France?
October 05, 3:13pm

Re: Re: Trip Help: Shorter and Warmer in France?
Thanks Roger!

October 03, 5:05pm

Trip Help: Shorter and Warmer in France?
Hey y'all- First I have to thank everyone who helped me out the first time I asked about backpacking in France. Now that I am actually here, I have some more specific questions! I'm a...

October 03, 10:21am

Great Dayhikes up Highway 101?
Hey y'all- My family is going to be taking a vacation in California/Oregon. We'll be spending the majority of our time up near Seaside, OR. Does anyone know of any great dayhikes on/not ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Great Dayhikes up Highway 101?
June 27, 10:42pm

BPL Merino/general merino questions
Hey y'all- I was wondering if anyone knew if the BPL Merino was coming out in white anytime soon. In general, I would imagine that one would want this weight of merino for warmer weather,...

In GEAR » BPL Merino/general merino questions
June 11, 1:42am

Chicago: Topographical Wasteland
Dear BPL community, My friends and are trying to plan a quick jaunt away from Chicago to enjoy a little backcountry and a little topography. We were thinking about going to Mammoth Cave National...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Chicago: Topographical Wasteland
April 22, 10:06pm

TiGoat AGP Grips
Hey y'all- I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on the feel of the TiGoat AGP Grips over long distances. Are people satisfied or have grip switches been made? Thanks for any and all t...

In GEAR » TiGoat AGP Grips
April 01, 10:02pm

Gatewood Cape as Primary Tarp?
Hi y'all- While we're on the subject of the gatewood... Is there anyone who uses the Gatewood as their primary tarp? In the interest of gear closet simplicity and money savings, this ...

In GEAR » gatewood cape set up
March 18, 11:07am

All Reader Reviews by Jed Augustine

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
I'm partial too, though not from Seattle. Growing up in Atlanta there are not many places to go within the city that can excite you about the outdoors, but whenever the parents told me we were ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 22, 1:44pm