BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 111 - 120 of 314 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: Trailstar design concern
With straight ridges, the Trailstar could keep the same livable space with a smaller footprint which may be an interesting thing when the big footprint has been addressed by some as a potential dra...

In GEAR » Trailstar design concern
October 14, 1:45am

Trailstar design concern
Ever since I knew about it, the Trailstar looked to me quite like what I had in mind for a very versatile, dependable shelter but I never got one (too many shelters already, planned to MMOG, etc) A...

In GEAR » Trailstar design concern
October 13, 11:30am

A few missing things
on first inspection, I miss a base-plate, magnetic compass to be able to work with the map. Also because I wouldn't like to rely exclusively on electronics for something so sensible, not even f...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Checklist (Gear List): 3-Season, 3-Day
October 13, 8:03am

Re: PCT snowshoes
I was one of the probably no more than 2 thru-hikers who used snowshoes on the PCT in 2006. The other one was hiking with me and a third hiker in our party didn't have them so I think I can com...

In GEAR » PCT snowshoes? (bad winter predicted)
October 11, 5:07pm

Front load
it helps with the backwards part of the center of gravity move but not with the upwards and it brings along a new set of problems: more packing tools, effective change of "body" size and ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
October 07, 1:50am

Re: Unmanageable wetness
I said "gross" user error :) I was actually stating how worrying it is that it could get as far as seriously compromising the bag function without anything grossly wrong that I can see fr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 05, 10:11am

Re: Feel
> Assume a hiker weights 175lbs with 30lbs of all gear (FSO). Now said hiker gets a pack that weights 3 lbs more. Total weight goes from 205 lbs to 208 lbs, and increase of 1.463% in weight the ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
October 05, 8:05am

Re: Unmanageable wetness
the striking part of this story is the fact that you lost so much loft. It is also the most serious fact, the rest is just inconvenience. I've been in similar conditions and with similar gea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 05, 3:28am

Re: What's better, CT or PCT across WA state?
I've hiked both. I think I liked the PCT better basically because it feels more like wilderness, on average. The part north of Snoqualmie Pass is amazing. The CT is beautiful too but it hardly ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's better, CT or PCT across WA state?
September 29, 5:49pm

Umbrella synergies
Try to see everything as a kit that works together and not just separate pieces. Having an umbrella may condition the rest of your rain gear: for example, a non-breathable (silnylon or cuben) rain ...

In GEAR » The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
September 27, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am