BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 111 - 120 of 321 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re:Rain gloves (or vapor barrier gloves)
I have used both disposable plastic gloves and nitrile or similar gloves as a VB layer in the past. Both work as you describe and are useful but I stopped using either for their drawbacks: the disp...

In GEAR » Rain gloves (or vapor barrier gloves)
November 14, 3:47am

Re: debunking the no-layers myth
Some people just like to buy these apparently counter-intuitive ideas to look like they know something that everybody else don't. We all may fall into that (I have and probably still do :) T...

In Philosophy & Technique » debunking the no-layers myth
November 13, 8:03am

Layers
> If I could only pick one it would probably be the synthetic or fleece. luckily we don't We don't but not only thinking of different trips in different environments, also on any trip...

In GEAR » Insulation versatility
November 13, 7:39am

Re: Wet again and fleece
Fleece got back into my 3 season list for the very same reasons you all mention AND when I realised (as obvious as it may be) that it can also be lightweight and not particularly bulky. I use a tig...

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies – Part 2: Are There Detectable Differences Under Real World Backpacking Conditions?
October 28, 5:31pm

Unzipped front
> If it was dry enough to wear a jacket with the front unzipped, i wouldn't be wearing the jacket there actually is a practical application for this in the rain: a WP top plus an umbrella...

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies – Part 2: Are There Detectable Differences Under Real World Backpacking Conditions?
October 26, 10:11am

Re: Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies
Invaluable data. Despite the obvious difficulties to keep the testing conditions coherent, this is more revealing than anything I've seen before in a field where most of the available data is h...

October 26, 2:58am

Bike as generic vertical support
Most simple, less aggressive (and cleanest) to the tarp is to use the bike as an exterior, offset generic vertical support if the tarp pitch allows. It works just like using a regular pole. No cont...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bike + Tarp (w/ no poles)
October 16, 4:08pm

Re: Trailstar design concern
With straight ridges, the Trailstar could keep the same livable space with a smaller footprint which may be an interesting thing when the big footprint has been addressed by some as a potential dra...

In GEAR » Trailstar design concern
October 14, 1:45am

Trailstar design concern
Ever since I knew about it, the Trailstar looked to me quite like what I had in mind for a very versatile, dependable shelter but I never got one (too many shelters already, planned to MMOG, etc) A...

In GEAR » Trailstar design concern
October 13, 11:30am

A few missing things
on first inspection, I miss a base-plate, magnetic compass to be able to work with the map. Also because I wouldn't like to rely exclusively on electronics for something so sensible, not even f...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Checklist (Gear List): 3-Season, 3-Day
October 13, 8:03am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am