Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Darwin competition is heating up
I wonder if the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives them noogies when they reach the Prego gates?

In Chaff » The Darwin competition is heating up
July 06, 9:35pm

Re: Re: for Steve Schmid
In any thread, click on your name, and you'll be taken taken to a page (or pages) that has all of your posts. And no, your Anjan post was not deleted, it's still there, both of them actuall...

In Gear Swap » Sellers: when your item sells, Edit your post, do not Reply to it
July 06, 6:48pm

Re: Marijuana Legal in Washington for One Year
Yeah, sure, everything was fine until the stopped selling the confederate flag rolling papers. Let's see how much pot they sell now.

In Chaff » Marijuana Legal in Washington for One Year
July 06, 6:42pm

Re: "natural" trail foods
"don't have a dehydrator, but looks like it might be time to invest in one :)" I've got a Nesco dehyrator you can have. Just pay for shipping (which, really, won't be cheap...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » need ideas- going "natural" on my long runs/hikes
July 06, 4:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Tomorrow, Wendy ...
"have you ever listened to the Pump up the Volume soundtrack? Probably one of the better from my lifetime (Pixies, Bad Brains, Sonic Youth, etc) which has a Concrete Blonde cover of "Ever...

In Chaff » Tomorrow, Wendy ...
July 06, 7:36am

Re: Re: Re: JMT speed record attempt
Good luck Ralph! Looking forward to your gear list.

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » JMT speed record attempt
July 05, 9:22pm

Re: Re: Re: need ideas- going "natural" on my long runs/hikes
GU makes a maple bacon gel. Just sayin'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » need ideas- going "natural" on my long runs/hikes
July 05, 11:34am

FS: Potpourri of stuff
Not interested in breaking this up, want to sell as a package. $125 PLUS shipping for all. 2 backpacking books Mountain Hardwear Windstopper LS zip neck pullover, Lg. Excellent condition, but p...

In Gear Swap » FS: Potpourri of stuff
July 04, 7:26pm

Re: Re: bears
"Just don't like hanging a bear bag cause I throw like a girl" Throw like you're throwing a grenade instead of a ball, much easier.

In GEAR » Lions and tigers and bears, oh my
July 04, 7:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bumping posts in gear swap - Debbie
Search using Google. Not sure about PCs since I don't use them beyond work, but in Safari on a Mac: In the URL bar, type (as an example): cuben "gear swap" site:backpackinglight.co...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Bumping posts in gear swap
July 03, 9:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am