BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: not really
"Unfortunately our court system being what it is, this is certainly not guaranteed and there's nothing stopping an attorney from filing an 8th amendment violation case against a life sente...

In Chaff » Executions gone wrong
July 24, 11:51am

Re: Not Comparing People to Dogs, But...
http://www.petsadviser.com/vet/euthanasia-death-row-inmates/ and http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-dogs-go-heaven/201112/animal-euthanasia-and-capital-punishment-some-uncomfortable-comp...

July 24, 11:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Executions gone wrong
"solitary in an unbreakable cell for mischief ....all concrete so the convict can't flood the plumbing or burn mattresses, etc .... with 24 hrs of Barry Manilow piped in)" I think ...

July 24, 10:37am

Re: Pro or con
"Then they were no better than the killer himself." Sorry, but that's just silly. They've been instructed to do a job, regardless of how you want to paint it they are not killi...

July 24, 10:31am

Re: well
It's a really big stretch to say that the EU is part of the problem because they don't want to help us execute people, as if they have some obligation to do so. They're simply following...

July 24, 10:28am

Re: My idea of the ultimate family backpacking tent has just been launched on Kickstarter!
Best of luck Mike, looks like a very cool tent. Now just make a large part of the floor a big checkers board - that would be fun!

In Gear Deals » My idea of the ultimate family backpacking tent has just been launched on Kickstarter!
July 23, 9:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fire
"So, we have the power to change governments (and we do change our governments regularly) -- but hell, we are not responsible? Yeah, right." Ah, Ben, I certainly expected this reply fr...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
July 23, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Fire
"But at the end of the day, the citizenry ultimately deserve the governments that they elect." No, they don't, and that's a silly statement that needs to be retired (and I'...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
July 23, 7:03pm

Re: Trail Dog of Any Size.
"It runs 6 miles a day and backpacks any length of time and can only sleep if it's up against your thigh." I've been looking for ....... oh, never mind.

In GEAR » Ultra light dog food
July 23, 5:23pm

Re: Leukotape Repackaging
"Do you take the whole roll, or do you have a reliable way to take only some of it without messing up the adhesive?" Funny, we were just discussing this in the backpacking group I belo...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Updated Foot-Care Kit
July 23, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am