BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 6132 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Downtime when Solo
"...checking everything out--animal signs, neighborhood geysers and fumeroles..." A geezer checking out the geysers, I like that....

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
March 02, 3:50pm

Re: Evazote Pads - Thickness & Width Preference
As with most things, depends on how you're using them. Not sure if it's Evazote, but I picked up a 1/4" closed cell foam pad from David Olsen at Oware a couple of years ago. I use it u...

In GEAR » Evazote Pads - Thickness & Width Preference
March 02, 3:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Lateness
"I simply do not get out as much as most of the rest of you. :(" You and me both. For me it's being a single parent of an elderly puppy. My pet sitting bill is $130/day-night, and ...

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
March 02, 3:28pm

Re: How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
What tent?

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
March 02, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Syncing
Thanks Jim, I found the same fix earlier. Instead of mucking about in Terminal I downloaded a program called InVisible which allows you to turn on/off showing hidden files from a menu in the top me...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
March 01, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Hard To Find Backpacking Gear
"Now if we can only find that cotton wetsuit." I think this qualifies as a cotton wetsuit....

In Chaff » Hard To Find Backpacking Gear
March 01, 3:30pm

Re: Syncing
Same here Drusilla. I updated the inReach SE a couple of days ago, and now syncing is broken! :-( And I was trying to update messages before my trip tomorrow, but it ain't gonna happen. I ha...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
March 01, 3:25pm

Re: Re: price drop
"I'll throw in a free sleeve to whomever buys it. (I make the Boiler)" Always a class act Devin. Good on ya.

In Gear Swap » FS Back Country Boiler
March 01, 7:14am

Re: OUUCCHHH!!!!
Damn, I hope you had some of your namesake to drink after that, my friend! Actually, I think I'm going to print the last picture, and put it on my office door with a little sign that says &q...

In Chaff » Hope your day went better than mine!!!
February 28, 9:10pm

Re: Re: Meanwhile in Venezuela
"I don't feel bad making a comment no matter what my buddy Doug says." Nor should you Jerry. Nor do I, generally, feel bad about the posts I make. The world, she does keep on spinn...

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
February 28, 9:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am