Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 6691 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...670

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Caribou Lake
"It was wonderful to see most of you again and great to meet Jeremy and Tony (well, we talked for about 1 minute at the last GGG)." Hmmmm. That leaves four of us that fall under the &q...

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribou Lake
October 14, 9:16am

Re: Pictures
"Sir Doug Ide. Don't be fooled by the clothes...he took them all off anyway,.." Without warning, no less. Matt won't eat anything from Pillsbury for quite some time, thanks to ...

October 13, 8:28pm

Re: Caribou Lake - a rambling TR
It could have happened to anyone. After all, it was pretty dark. We were tired. Anyone could have missed a turn. And then taken a wrong turn. And had a somewhat violent encounter with a suicidal...

October 13, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Caribou Lake, Oct.2014 BPLr fall trip.
"Had a great time....thanks for showing me your special place." I assume he did that while you guys were swimming. Glad I didn't see it..... Edit to add: No wonder he moved his ...

October 13, 4:48pm

Re: ???
Sorry, can't do a proper report on my phone. Will have to wait til tomorrow when I get home.

October 12, 5:44pm

Caribou Lake
We climbed, we swam, we drank, we laughed, and, of course, I swore. A lot. Great trip! Thanks Kat, Matt, Ken, Jeremy, Steven, Tony! I'll let others fill in the details and add pics.

October 12, 5:10pm

Re: If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
"Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans." - Jacques Yves Costeau

In Chaff » If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
October 08, 8:03pm

Re: A to z
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/ULAZ.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » ultralight a to z
October 08, 6:08am

Nature is speaking...
These are fabulous. Especially like Kevin Spacey's and Harrison Ford's. Worth your time. http://natureisspeaking.org/home.html#Home

In On the Web » Nature is speaking...
October 06, 7:46pm

Re: Grand Canyon Denied – Lessons Learned
It's always nice to read the trip reports of trips that didn't quite go as planned - there's things to learn for all of us, so thanks for posting this Greg. And I'd also offer - goo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon Denied – Lessons Learned
October 05, 7:57am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am