Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 7338 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...734

Forum » Thread

Re: crime map
"For adventure, the closer you can get to the north cascades highway the better in my mind." So Mt. Vernon?

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
April 06, 11:37am

Re: Re: Re: Granite Falls, WA
"Just.Do.Not.Google "man killed by horse"." Thanks for that Sarah, you knew I'd google it. So, if he's in heaven, they're showing the videos twice a day. If he...

April 06, 11:34am

Re: Granite Falls, WA
Thanks all for the info. No business, no kids, just retirement income, not a fan of large cities/lots of traffic, don't plan on buying a house. If I want to keep my healthcare plan (which...

April 06, 10:26am

Re: Re: Granite Falls, WA
Thanks Sarah. I like rural, don't care if the city folk look down their noses at me!

April 06, 10:03am

Granite Falls, WA
Any of you Washington folks know anything about Granite Falls? Decent place to live? Etc.

April 06, 9:35am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Radar's bill
So I wrote a note to my health plan last night asking about coverage if I'm medevac'd and just got a reply: "Upon review we would like to advise you that Emergency Transportation (Land...

In Chaff » Radar's bill
April 06, 7:00am

Re: Re: Radar's bill
So a health plan's ambulance services coverage wouldn't include medevac, or would that be a plan by plan thing?

In Chaff » Radar's bill
April 05, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Agreement?
"Lets hike with him, assuming he does." Justin is the only person so far who has successfully put together a mid-atlantic GGG.

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 05, 8:55pm

Re: Suggested Elemental Horizons Kalais & Aquilo mods
"@Doug, which mods did you get for your Aquilo and Kalais?" None for the Kalais. The Aquilo is my winter pack, so I wanted 70L capability. The different sizes have different carrying c...

In GEAR » Elemental Horizons Kalais
April 05, 8:04pm

Re: Re: How much could you live on?
"So I don't know. If I lived in town (which I'd do when older, to be closer to services - especially rides and doctors), and I was living in SE King County, Wa....I'd hedge I'd...

In Chaff » How much could you live on?
April 05, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am