Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 7144 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...715

Forum » Thread

Re: Vest filled with rice
Yeah, I decided to go with an RBH VBL fleece vest, ordered it last night.

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 10, 9:29am

Re: MLD eVent bivy
"Why did you sell your MLD eVent bivy. I was thinking of buying one for snow shelter use." Eric, I wasn't doing any real winter camping, and didn't see myself doing any in t...

In GEAR » Nice surprises
February 10, 6:17am

Re: Re: Nice surprises
"I suspect your gear room is the stuff of legends." Not even close. Not that much any more, there are those on here who have much, much more than I! I've seen the photos! :-)

In GEAR » Nice surprises
February 10, 6:15am

"I think the better surprise is that you won't need the bivy with that shelter." When I did the Michigan trip last year, I used my Ultamid without a bivy, and I ended up slipping o...

In GEAR » Nice surprises
February 09, 9:27pm

I don't think so, I think that was an MLD eVent bivy which I sold.

In GEAR » Nice surprises
February 09, 9:25pm

Nice surprises
So I'm strongly considering a nice, winter hike (if my sitter is free) and was beginning to think what gear I'd like to take. I know my Solomid XL will be the shelter, but began thinking ab...

In GEAR » Nice surprises
February 09, 9:15pm

Re: Re: Second on the Full Bag
For less than 8 oz. you could add a silnylon 'shirt' and pants that you could wear as a VBL under your clothes. This would substantially ease the misery a little bit with the half bag and d...

In GEAR » elephant foot bag in lieu of survival bivy, blankets, etc
February 08, 9:17pm

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there
Whatever you used is super stealth. You can still click the 'empty' spot in mine to get to my profile. I really should have taken computer science in school.... :-)

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 8:35pm

Re: Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
Hey, it worked! Thanks Bob.

February 08, 8:29pm

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
"How did you do it?" My guess is invisible ink....

February 08, 8:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am