Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 7614 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...762

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: caffeine pills instead of coffee?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » caffeine pills instead of coffee?
July 16, 7:24am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Health Savings Plan
"what if you never have medical expenses that use it? can you spend it?" HSA yes. HSA info:

In Chaff » Health Savings Plan
July 15, 4:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Health Savings Plan
If you have a high deductible health plan, you should look into an HSA. Much more flexible than an FSA.

In Chaff » Health Savings Plan
July 15, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pay attention! It's happening now!
never mind....

In Chaff » Irony
July 15, 3:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Backpacking the Alpstein, Appenzell. June 2015.
What a wonderful adventure you had. What a delightful woman you are. You write from the heart, there is no better writing than that. Thanks so much for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking the Alpstein, Appenzell. June 2015.
July 14, 6:11pm

Re: Dazed and disappointed...
Hi Ralph. Your disappointment is certainly understandable, but you most certainly didn't come away with nothing. That was a helluva effort, exceptionally impressive. You certainly have my respe...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » JMT speed record attempt
July 14, 5:09pm

Re: Satire Fail
"agree that he was going for the humor, but he didn't quite pull it off." As someone who often goes for humor and nearly as often doesn't quite pull it off, I'll agree with...

In On the Web » UL Fail
July 14, 4:33pm

Re: Re: Niak
"What's the appeal?" I agree with others that it's an Unna with a vestibule. BUT. If I'm seeing correctly, it also seems to have a full screen door. That would be a very...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
July 14, 12:42pm

Re: Re: Backcountry Internet Options

In GEAR » Backcountry Internet Options
July 12, 8:21pm

Re: Backcountry Internet Options

In GEAR » Backcountry Internet Options
July 12, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am