Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 111 - 120 of 6981 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AdBlock
"Why do I get the feeling that Mr. Jordan is ROTFLHAO right about now?" Doubtful Tom. You can't laugh at what you don't see.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 10, 8:51pm

Re: Snowshoe trip
"With the 40belows...I would have to take them off (and lose the insulation) and go down to trail runners." That depends. They're not made for walking by themselves, no, but I thin...

In Winter Hiking » Final questions before snow shoeing trip
January 10, 8:25pm

Re: BOOTAY
Not UL, but the Feathered Friends booties are well made, warm, and have a removable outer. The bottom of the outer is textured, and there's some kind of stiffener in the sole (feels like foam, ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Booties: What's Out There?
January 10, 4:45pm

Re: DeLorme inReach SE: Tracks Well on a Pack Strap?
I always use it hanging from a side pack strap (see photo below). Never had an issue with it at all. Even used it inside my shelter one night, under tree cover, to text my brother. Worked fine t...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE: Tracks Well on a Pack Strap?
January 10, 4:07pm

Re: L-Shaped Inner for DuoMid for 1 + Dog
It seems that a regular-shaped inner (rectangular) would not only be easier to set up, but offer more options. Want an L-shape? Just bring one corner of the inner in to create that shape, and make ...

In Make Your Own Gear » L-Shaped Inner for DuoMid for 1 + Dog
January 09, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Re: BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
"Oh, and before your friends jump in and tell me what a bad, mean, inconsiderate person i'm being," Nah. Ignorant (in its true meaning) maybe. Other than that you're just being...

January 09, 3:50pm

Re: Re: no Shower?
"Do something every day that scares you a little!" I do! I partake in chaff....

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do male adventurers not take their female partners along?
January 09, 3:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EE Revelation Elite vs Katabatic Palisade
"You mean like that 'My Little Pony" character fabric?" You promised not to tell. At least you didn't spill about the latex thing.....

In Gear Deals » Katabatic Gear New Years Sale.
January 09, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Re: BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
Personally, I don't click on ads, and would recommend that no users do (not even to get the URL the ad is directing to) -- not out of any BPL anger, but because ad networks simply aren't tr...

January 09, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EE Revelation Elite vs Katabatic Palisade
"+1 I don't own an EE quilt, though if I were to buy another quilt, it would be an EE or ZPacks. It would certainly not be a Katabatic, due to the shape. Not to disparage Katabatic's q...

In Gear Deals » Katabatic Gear New Years Sale.
January 09, 1:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am