Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 111 - 120 of 286 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Fuel usage per day OH vs canister
I really went thru this excersise last year when debating the pros and cons for cooking on the SHR. I wanted to eat well, and have the flexibility to do a few different things. I had to decide to u...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fuel usage per day OH vs canister
December 23, 4:52pm

Re: RE: Catch and release
wetting your hands is probably the most important aspect of handling any fish if you hope to release it unharmed back into the water. When handling a fish, you will be amazed with this technique; f...

In Fishing » Catch and release
December 21, 9:12pm

Re: Tenkara and barbed or barbless hooks
Go with the barbless hook. One item many fisher people don't recognize is that it is esier to HOOK the fish with a barbless hook. Losing fish because of shake is not really an issue. Err on the...

In Fishing » Tenkara and barbed or barbless hooks
December 17, 5:37pm

Re: Transitioning from 3-4 Day Trips to Two Weeks (and Beyond)
Thats awesome that your schedule may finally allow you to get out for that long trip! I would throw out on other item that seems to be missing from the responses. In general, I think you probably w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transitioning from 3-4 Day Trips to Two Weeks (and Beyond)
December 12, 12:33pm

Re: Hells Canyon in November: best off?
I'm not an expert on the area, but basically the main trail heads out along the river, and any side trips go uphill and into the Seven Devils. Try checking into the Snake River National Rec Tra...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hells Canyon in November: best off?
November 13, 9:43pm

camera style
Nick, I'm using a Cannon Powershot A560 7.1 set at its highest resolution. When I go to post on BPL, I use a free web re-sizer (http://webresizer.com/resizer/) to make it easier to download th...

In Post-Trip Reports » October in the Sawtooths
November 04, 7:26am

trip report feedback
Well, being a writer, its interesting to hear what the "readers" would like to see in a trip report. From a writing standpoint, its always on the forefront of my mind to describe the trip...

In Post-Trip Reports » What makes a good trip report?
October 29, 6:16pm

open invite
anytime anyone is looking to visit Idaho, the invitation is open! I would be happy to help and or go with folks who are looking to explore and have some adventures in the high country. Keep on ...

October 28, 5:26pm

October in the Sawtooths
By the time hunting season rolls around, the high country is typically cold, often white, and pretty empty. Lots of hunting camps with big canvas wall tents; complete with wood burning stoves f...

October 27, 8:23pm

long term actions
I read thru this thread with a fair amount of interest as well. I've been fishing since I was very young, have fished all over, for many species. I was a fisheries major in college. My main is...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 29, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am