Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, likely going 2 weeks or more with upcoming severance. Lightening up but with an eye towards toughness and hiking convenience (secure drying on the trail. quick set up, etc...), maybe better food (and beverage) for most overnights. Then again I might want to do a spartan "fast n'light" overnight ... and the gear closet grows.
I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 111 - 120 of 1424 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...143

Forum » Thread

ended
sent to a site that rhymes with FleaWay

In Gear Swap » North Face Triumph anorak XL New w/tags
February 03, 9:28am

Yo-Yo of the PCT (#1 by female re: article)
Solo yo-yo of the PCT after her hiking partner and husband got injured: http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/a-walk-on-the-wild-side-meet-the-first-woman-to-yoyo-the-pacific-crest-tra...

In On the Web » Irishtimes: Yo-Yo of the PCT (first by female according to article)
February 02, 1:59pm

Fuzzy fleece, constant changes, and the Michelin man
I'm pretty much done with wind-whatever soft-shells after they couldn't repair it. I did snowshoe a bit in the LW R4 and the temp was fine as it was just lightly snowing ... just did not li...

In GEAR » Patagonia Nano Air™ Review - A New Genre
January 30, 10:31pm

Wind-bloc
Eric: My Wind-bloc LW R4 (less fuzzy than reg R4) had a decent temp range dependent on base-layer, but had to be constantly fiddled with. The Pata employee said great for resort slopes as a snowb...

In GEAR » Patagonia Nano Air™ Review - A New Genre
January 30, 10:21pm

Patagonia lightweight travel pack
They made a minimalistic pack at 26L ($79 new though they are out of stock currently) that would stuff in its own smallish lid. Some daisy chains probably for trek poles. Do not want to overstuff...

In GEAR » City travel 30L packs?
January 29, 1:52pm

Mortgage interest deduction extended to yachts
The U.S. mortgage interest deduction is extended to yachts. Note it probably doesn't help that couple buying a starter home: http://nytimes.com/2014/03/27/opinion/kristof-a-nation-of-takers...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 29, 9:27am

"North Face Triumph anorak XL New w/tags"
ended see other posts

January 29, 8:54am

ended
Art: Bought it new about a year ago, maybe 1.5 yrs from REI, I believe ... could have been Summithut in Tucson. ended // see others

January 28, 1:16pm

Re: Getting away from shells
Depends on the circumstance. After overheating in a Pata H2No Torrentshell the previous day, I went up over a 13k pass during a decent rain wearing no shell, just my REI Sahara and merino 1 short ...

In GEAR » Getting away from shells
January 28, 12:23pm

North Face Triumph anorak XL New w/tags
Black North Face Triumph anorak NWT (XL 6.5 oz) sent to a site that rhymes with FleaWay ... if interested,

January 28, 11:51am

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.