BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 111 - 120 of 1687 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...169

Forum » Thread

Iditerod Record
Maybe they need an * by the date with a notation of conditions. Duane

In Winter Hiking » Iditerod Record
April 02, 11:44am

FS: NEW w/ tags Granite Gear Virga latest model backpack, NEW Lawson green glowwire green 50', Benda ground pad
Pics of the couch please. Is the green glowire green? :) Sold? Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: NEW w/ tags Granite Gear Virga latest model backpack, NEW Lawson green glowwire green 50', Benda ground pad
April 02, 11:40am

Thermometer
Hmmm. I'm collecting stoves, some lanterns, now thermometers I guess too. I got a nice cooking thermometer over the winter, has a case the probe slides in. Would be nice to get a H/L one tho...

In GEAR » 6.3g thermometer with -40f to 120f (-40c to 50c) range
April 02, 6:50am

MSR canister stand work with a RapidFire?
I was looking for the plastic stand that holds the canisters in an inverted position, not sure the stand will help with the RapidFires stiff line. Duane

In GEAR » MSR canister stand work with a RapidFire?
March 31, 6:18pm

Sleeping pad for dogs
The most I used in the winter, on snow, was a couple beer flats. Although the next AM, you could see that was not adequate. My dogs were used to being outside. In the summer, no pad. How do you...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for dogs
March 31, 1:58pm

MSR canister stand work with a RapidFire?
Any who have moved up in more modern MSR stoves, will the MSR canister stand work with the controls on a MSR RapidFire? I'd sure love a Windpro or II that has such a flexible fuel line compare...

In GEAR » MSR canister stand work with a RapidFire?
March 31, 11:52am

Should we support stove manufacturers who don't supply replacement parts?
A old time, real auto supply may have a O-rings for you. Also try Harbor Freight, but then you will have to buy a box of different sizes, hoping for the one you need. Look for at least Viton ones ...

In GEAR » Should we support stove manufacturers who don't supply replacement parts?
March 28, 1:58pm

Who has these tents and do you like them?
My new Solplex is at the Post Office as of yesterday, I should be able to pick it up Saturday when the window opens for a whole hour. I won't get to try it out for a few weeks, I'm headed ...

In GEAR » Who has these tents and do you like them?
March 28, 6:55am

cuben tarp
Ah, I see the second pole now. With the weather better now, I'll have to experiment with some utility tarps I have to make shelters. I had tried a big tarp maybe 10' X 12' which made ...

In GEAR » Custom 10x7 Cuben Tarp.
March 26, 8:48pm

FS: MSR Dragonfly stove, new, with bag and new pump
I had a couple inquiries about these after all this time. I'll keep the Omnifuel now, just sell the Dragonfly w/pump as described at last posted price. Waiting to hear back whether the DF is ...

In Gear Swap » FS two stoves MSR Dragonfly Primus Omnifuel
March 26, 5:32pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.