BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 111 - 120 of 430 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...43

Forum » Thread

Good start
Thanks John! THats definitely a good start! Ill be sure to check out those trails around Sedona. I know it can get pretty hot out there, but Ive been checking the weather forecast for next week,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Moving to arizona...any ideas? (pinetop and Sedona)
March 24, 12:04pm

Moving to arizona...any ideas? (pinetop and Sedona)
Hey everyone! Its been a while since I have been on the site, hope everyone is doing well! Well, I am moving to North East Arizona (Pinetop) in a few weeks. So...if anyone has tips on places...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Moving to arizona...any ideas? (pinetop and Sedona)
March 23, 9:04pm

Thanks
Duane, thats just what I was looking for! I think I am gonna head up into the Buck Lakes area. Have you ever been to Rosasco Lake? It doesnt look like there is a trail to it, but looks easy enou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the sierras already, or too early?
May 23, 10:49pm

Emigrant Wilderness
Anyone have any trip suggestions for the Emigrant Wilderness. Looking around the Pine Valley Trail Head area, or maybe out of the Cherry Lake area, OR...any other spots around there you recommend?...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the sierras already, or too early?
May 23, 1:59pm

lookin good
Thanks for the all the replies...it looks like most of the high country is open and accessible!

May 23, 1:41pm

skill level
Ken I am flexible....would like to get up to at least 7,000ft. I would consider myself a very skilled three season backpacker, and can handle snow; however I seem to have misplaced my crampons an...

May 23, 12:15pm

Into the sierras already, or too early?
hey all So for some RANDOM reason I have next week off work, and figured what better way to spend it, than to g backpacking for 5 or 6 days. I was thinking of getting up into the high country if ...

May 23, 10:46am

Shakespear Syngergy 200
This reel comes in at about 5oz, and is a great reel! its very small, so great for high alpine fish, and is good quality. I have a few of them, and have never had any problems.

In Fishing » UL Telescopic Fishing Rod & Reel
April 29, 12:20pm

Northface hedgefrog
for water/ fishing shoes I use the Northface hedgefrogs. They are 21oz on my scale, and work great! Quick drying, closed toed, and can be drawn tight so that you can hike quite a ways in them and ...

In Fishing » lightweight wading sandals or shoes?
April 29, 12:17pm

fitting new dog pack onto your dog
hey all So I finally got around to getting Pepper her first very own pack. I went with the REI classic suggested, and it seems like a great pack. Although the people at REI can be VERY helpful...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog Question
April 11, 12:44am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.