Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

george carr (hammer-one) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Walking With The Son
About Me Enjoy UL backpacking and building stoves.
Citylindenwold
Statenew jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.walkingwiththeson.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by george carr

Showing 111 - 120 of 379 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Irresistable
A man is walking on the beach when he comes across a lamp. He rubs it and a genie pops out and offers him a wish(economy sucks for genies too I guess). The man says, " I'm afraid of boats ...

In Chaff » Irresistible
March 19, 5:13pm

Re:Question
Tom, I believe that would be a beer ball.

In Chaff » Beer
March 19, 5:08pm

Re:RIP - Fess Parker
Funny thing George, when I heard he died today the first thing I thought of was that song. "Daniel Boone was a man, he was a biggggg man". Then I thought, "wow, he was still alive!?&...

In Chaff » RIP - Fess Parker
March 18, 7:30pm

Re: How Fights Start
About 19 years ago I was watching the classic AT video "5 Million Steps", and was totally absorbed in the video, when my new bride asked me to pull away from the video and look at her. My...

In Chaff » How Fights Start
March 08, 2:51pm

Re:Susquehannock Trail
I did a small portion of the Susquehannock last July and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like the fact that it is (very) lightly used.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Susquehannock Trail or the Quehanna Trail?
March 04, 2:35pm

Re:UL daypack
Any pics Bob?

In Make Your Own Gear » UL daypack
March 02, 1:55pm

Re: SUL Self Tightening Tarp
John, very nice! Create way of tensioning the ridgeline - I like it. I especially like that you were able to free up your interior space by moving the front pole out. You'll have to let us know...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Self Tightening Tarp
February 20, 3:54pm

Re:Phantom 32, or 45?
Nathaniel, you won't be disappointed. I have the MH Phantom 15, 32, and 45, and I highly recommend them. The 45 is my favorite 3 season bag.

In GEAR » Cheaper summer bags
February 18, 9:29pm

Re:Ads everywhere
Some guys were putting them up for presale, but I guess they thought better of it. I decided not to put it up on my site yet - I want them in hand first. The DX set is expected out by March of this...

In GEAR » Evernew Ti DX stove set
February 11, 1:53pm

re:more testing
Sounds like I need to get my hands on some everclear. I used the GW on a 4day in Maine a couple of years ago and planned all of my meals around 12oz max water, 2 meals a day. If I get the water hot...

In GEAR » Suggestions for alcohol stove for Snow Peak 450 mug
February 11, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by george carr

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain House Precooked Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
When I decide to pack a hot breakfast I usually either pick up the MH eggs with bacon or ham and peppers. As one reviewer suggested, pour out the water before consuming. I usually prepare this dish as...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
February 19, 7:47pm

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
When I grab a freeze dried dinner for an overnighter, the MH lasagna is my number one choice. I liked it when I started in '88 and still like it today.

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
February 19, 7:40pm

Lightweight Backpacking 101 Ryan Jordan, Alan Dixon + (2001)
When I 1st joined BL.com this was the article that convinced me sub 5 was possible. I think that on the home page there should be a link that says read this first. While the original might use some up...

In Books and Media
February 19, 7:34pm

The Ultralight Backpacker by Ryel Kestenbaum
At the time of this books publishing UL backpacking was still relatively new to the general backpacking public, so as the saying goes "you can fool some of the people some of the time...". T...

In Books and Media
February 19, 7:28pm

Tarptent Squall
I purchased my Tarptent Squall in 2004 and now consider it my main shelter when I am carrying a tent. Henry Shires was a pleasure to deal with and very helpful. The squall has served me well from my b...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 10, 8:42am

Powerbar Energy Gel Caffinated Gels
I discovered energy gels a few years ago and decided to try the Powerbar brand on an AT hike in 2004. If you've never tried a carbohydrate gel or don't typically take in caffeine all I can say...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 10, 8:31am

Montbell Thermawrap Vest
I've owned the Montbell Thermawrap UL Vest for 3 seasons now, and like many folks I puchased it to save weight. I originally carried a fleece vest that had trustily served me for many years, so I ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 10, 8:12am