BPL Community Profile

Keith F (hamerica) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern Virginia
About Me Keith F has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburn
StateVA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListSolo Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Keith F

Showing 111 - 120 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Prop up the Jetboil?
Ok, this is interesting. Just by raising the Jetboil pot a bit with a silicone band I was able to significantly reduce boil time but it also decreased the total burn time. Jetboil Pot Raised ...

In GEAR » Jetboil Sol Ti pot with Caldera Cone
January 31, 6:00pm

Re: Re Pictures
Yeah, I guess you are right Jim. I would have thought that being closer to the stove would be a benefit in this situation. Rod, I'm going to try to put a band on the JB pot and raise it a b...

January 31, 5:22pm

Pictures
2 pots side by side for comparison Jetboil pot inside caldera cone Snow Peak mini solo inside cone As you can see the jetboil pot is about an inch taller but it still has room above the st...

January 31, 4:03pm

Re: Re: Jetboil Sol Ti pot with Caldera Cone
Jim I was using the cone from my classic Ti Tri system. Sorry, no photos but I guess I could add some.

January 31, 9:23am

Jetboil Sol Ti pot with Caldera Cone
Just out of curiosity I thought I would test the Jetboil pot against the Snow Peak mini solo in my caldera cone. The Jetboil pot has the same diameter lip as the Snow Peak although the Jetboil is q...

January 31, 8:31am

Re: Testing
Since when did anyone on this site care about looking ridiculous ;)

In Packrafting » MYOG Inflatable PFD - Progress Journal
January 28, 6:36pm

Re: MYOG Inflatable PFD
Looks great Dan! I really need to learn how to sew. How do you plan on testing this thing when it is done?

In Packrafting » MYOG Inflatable PFD - Progress Journal
January 28, 2:37pm

More Photos
The bivy arrived today and I set it up in the yard under my hexamid. It was a bit tricky to get in and zip the netting back down at first but I finally got the hang of it. I took some cord and m...

In GEAR » My new Zpacks bivy
January 27, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Similar
Well, I'm sure you are right Chris but I agree with David it looks and feels almost identical.

In GEAR » Is the EB First Ascent BC-200 eVent?
January 27, 7:01am

Re: Is the EB First Ascent BC-200 eVent?
I'm not an expert but after comparing a few other eVent garments to the BC-200 jacket I'm fairly certain it is. I have no idea why they would rebrand it though.

In GEAR » Is the EB First Ascent BC-200 eVent?
January 26, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Keith F

Keith F has posted no reviews.