Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 111 - 120 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Baxter
Looking at reports and photos from the GLT, I'm taking you up on that. Added to the itinerary! Time is not going to be a factor at all actually. I have between 4-5 months of hiking ahead of me ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pay to camp in Maine parks?
April 28, 11:25am

Re: Re: Pack weight?
Maybe not socks by themselves, but when you add up your socks, boots, pants, shirt, hat, and underwear, you got a few pounds for sure. And while it may not be on your back, per se, it is on your bo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pack weight?
April 28, 9:38am

re
Personally, I am not a fan of beer. Anything that a pirate would drink suits me though, as rum is my favorite. A plastic Gu flask of 151 will make you think you're warm alright haha.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Concentrated Backpacking Beer
April 28, 9:32am

Re
I too love writing when I'm camping. I generally use the lean-to journals that are there, and take a photo of each page I write (as well as photos of some of the more interesting entries). That...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
April 28, 9:30am

re
I jump! http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregpphoto/sets/72157607048561880/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Summit/ Happy place rituals?
April 27, 10:11pm

My 2c
I hitchhike to get to the trailheads, so I'm used to spending loads of time out in the rain. Hence I carry a heavy duty knee length plastic poncho (not quite as thick as some Ive seen but expon...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dealing with an all-day spring deluge
April 26, 5:04pm

Re: Repackaging
@Jack: freeze dried meals don't have "instructions" beyond adding the proper amount of boiling water for the proper amount of time. All I do is write what it is, how much water, and f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Repackaging Freeze Dried / Dehydrated Meals,Technique & Practice
April 26, 10:01am

re
Yet another reason why the weight of a bear can is worth the peace of mind. Where you're going seems like a place you wouldn't want to be without food. Whenever I gripe about the weight of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Food Storage Above Treeline
April 26, 9:56am

Re: Re: Re: Baxter
Hey Ryan. I'll be spending time in the ADK before moving on to Maine for about three weeks in July/August. I had my eyes on Baxter simply because I love mountains and is there any cooler mounta...

April 26, 9:52am

Re: Baxter
My thoughts exactly. They don't have enough rangers on staff to patrol that much wilderness. 500 ft from trails and water should be fine, what with my green tent and all.. I'll balance the ...

April 25, 11:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.