BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 111 - 120 of 5148 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...515

Forum » Thread

Re: Thermodynamics with down
"I'm trying to understand why it might be true that less clothing worn in a sleeping bag helps you stay warmer" That depends on how your body fills the bag. If the bag is to big f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermodynamics with down
August 11, 9:38am

Re: Re: Dense calorie brick
Another MYO Bars

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tiny dense calorie brick
August 11, 7:23am

Re: If no trade for Duplex or Soto Windmaster by next Sunday will list items for sale
Nice to see your face again. Glad you're still out in the woods...

In Gear Swap » WTT: Zpacks Hexamid Duplex TARP for JetBoil Sol Al, 16 oz Hennessy Hammock, 11 oz MLD sleeping bag, etc.
August 10, 3:04pm

Re: Dense calorie brick
I see 2 bars per serving for 640 calories, or 320 calories per 2.8 oz bar, at~ $2/bar. Similar in calories, weight, and cost to ProBar Meal bar. [Edit: Damn! What a bunch of fact checke...

August 10, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?
I'm sure you did the math, but perhaps others didn't .... $180/5 years = $36 $250/7 years = $35

In GEAR » Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?
August 09, 4:18pm

Re: Miles
Derrick - Nice evaluation! Especially when accompanied with the damage report for the other gear. Thanks.

In GEAR » HMG Porter 4400 for most uses?
August 09, 12:49pm

Re: What is the best way to have Map handy
I have the ULA Ohm. My Harrison maps for the day, in a ziplock, go into the side pocket along with the water bottle. I can extract and stow with no problems. (Your Range of Motion May Vary.)

In GEAR » What is the best way to have Map handy
August 09, 12:45pm

Re: Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?"
The Ocean Signal rescueMe Personal Locator Beacon is smaller, lighter, and has a 7 year battery. But, it's also more expensive at $250

In GEAR » Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?
August 09, 11:36am

Re: Tiny dense calorie brick
"I used to bring these energy bars called belly timber for breakfast. Over 300 calories..." Unless we also know the weight, to calculate calories per ounce, it will be hard to know if ...

August 08, 3:49pm

Darcy Piceu's JMT Attempt ?
Anyone know anything?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Darcy Piceu's JMT Attempt ?
August 08, 1:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm