Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 111 - 120 of 6032 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...604

Forum » Thread

Re: Is he going to do it, or not?
Running World: Jurek is still on record pace, but elite ultramarathoner Karl Meltzer, who joined Jurek’s crew for a portion of the trail in June, told Newswire over email that it is going to be ...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » AT supported record attempt - Scott Jurek
July 08, 8:22pm

Re: Uses?
Bob, [It's a slow burning complex carbohydrate calorie source. - Wrong! It has a high GI]. It's a "cross-over" from cycling where simplicity and long term acceptance is crucial ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Maltodextrin for sale
July 07, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Status
Runners World

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » AT supported record attempt - Scott Jurek
July 07, 6:55pm

Re: Need help getting mouse trap glue off my bivy sack
Look for a true 100% "citrus oil" cleaner. It will remove most adhesives without harming the fabric or substrate. Originally "CitriSolve" was the product of choice. Now, many...

In GEAR » Need help getting mouse trap glue off my bivy sack
July 07, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Firing Sawyer
If your use is infrequent you need to backwash and bleach before storage, and "prime" before heading out. Who has done these three and still had problems? (Just asking, ...

In GEAR » Firing Sawyer
July 07, 7:30am

Re: Why?
May the stars align. Best of Luck.

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » JMT speed record attempt
July 05, 9:41pm

Re: "Black Monday?" Redux
hknewman: "Greg said ..." Actually it was CNN. "My own thoughts are that the vast majority do not enjoy being underemployed or non-productive after spending years study...

In Chaff » Black Monday?
July 05, 7:50pm

Re: re: JMT speed record attempt
^^^ A canister is only required between Pinchot and Forester, about 30 miles, IF you camp there, ergo, not an issue if you plan well. Same is true in Yosemite - no camping, no canister. "J...

In Speed Hiking and Fastpacking » JMT speed record attempt
July 05, 7:42pm

Re: Creating Case for Rod, can't find End caps!
Sorry - I was in the woods and missed your post Edit: and then I didn't read all of your post to see that you HD doesn't carry 1.25 chair caps. So I'm no help at all. Sorry, ag...

In Fishing » Creating Case for Rod, can't find End caps!
July 05, 3:09pm

Re: ideas on alternate ways for quick and easy inflation of air matrass please
1) Cut down "Instaflator" (search BLP for it) 2) I use the Exped PillowPump. Weight! - Expend eliminated their exhaust port. In and Out are the same.

In GEAR » ideas on alternate ways for quick and easy inflation of air matrass please
July 05, 3:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm