BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 111 - 120 of 226 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

re; bears
Hi Dutch, WA (cascades, Olympics), OR, or CA would be ok. I am not sure about ID, or CO. MT and parts of WY have grizzly bears. Even those states probably have areas w/o bears. Greg

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Going west and bears
March 08, 8:41pm

Re; Rod
I will check those out. It is for my 10 year old son. I found out the womens Jam may be a good for him too as it compresses down smaller than the ion, but will go a little larger too. Greg

In Gear Deals » GoLite ION
March 05, 11:11pm

Thanks
Okay, thanks Greg. One minute too slow! It is probably better this way, I am buying it for my son and I just saw that a womens Jam in small may work out well for him. Greg

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Ion, Green, Medium, New
March 05, 7:15pm

Re; Roger
Thanks Roger, Maybe I am just the odd one out. I am sure I will get my money back, but they don't seem to take it seriously. It's just a matter of principle to me that if you make ...

March 05, 6:04pm

second
I'll take it if michael dosen't. Greg

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Ion, Green, Medium, New
March 05, 5:58pm

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I still have not recieved my money back after they flubbed my order. Numerous calls to them, and they always say they will call me back but ...

March 05, 5:27pm

Me too
Please add me to the list. Greg

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
March 05, 11:22am

MT100
Hey Guys, I think I might try a pair of the MT100's. How do they fit? I love the Innov8's but they just seem a little too wide in the forefoot for me. Are thw NB's a little narrower?...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 04, 3:32pm

Thanks Mark,
Thanks Mark, I will try to get them mailed today. Did you add your address to the paypal? Greg

In Gear Swap » Another pair Roclite 390 sz 10 $60
March 04, 2:58pm

Bump for Mark
Bump

In Gear Swap » Another pair Roclite 390 sz 10 $60
March 04, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm