Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Smith (goosefeet) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me I am the owner of GooseFeet Gear. I make down socks and waterproof shells to go with them. I also will make custom down pants, jackets, vests, parkas, quilts, mitts, balaclavas, etc. If you need something made, just ask for a quote!
CityMilledgeville
StateGA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.goosefeetgear.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Smith

Showing 111 - 120 of 543 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Not working.
No, but if you ask in an email, they will apply it for you. Those possum down mittens look like a great deal! Cheaper than the gloves, and probably slightly lighter and warmer...

In Gear Deals » EcoWool - 10% off - Time to grab some PossumDown Gloves!
November 13, 12:57pm

Re: replacing my heavy shirt with a lighter, warmer alternative.
Have you tried a merino hoody or LS shirt? I think a lot of people on this site like the combo of a merino hoody with a windshirt (including me). You can then nix the NF shirt.

In GEAR » replacing my heavy shirt with a lighter, warmer alternative.
November 11, 11:48am

FS: Custom Cuben Shelter (Price Drop)
Bump - now $290

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom Cuben Shelter
November 08, 5:15pm

pics

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Ark and ZPacks Blast 32
November 08, 3:58pm

Re: sewn through or not
Michael, I'm not sure 3oz of down would be enough volume to fill a jacket if you used mesh baffles. I'd sew through.

In Make Your Own Gear » Karo Step down jacket idea and questions
November 08, 3:18pm

Re: Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies Part 3: Discussion, Conclusions, and Performance of Individual Jackets
I'd like to know what the specs are of that shelter in the last pic...

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies Part 3: Discussion, Conclusions, and Performance of Individual Jackets
November 08, 3:15pm

Wrist Cuff Comparison
For William, Konrad, Chris, and others who have both the Stoic and the MB jackets (and other brands). Which type of wrist cuff do you like better? Is the sweatshirt-type cuff on the Stoic more ...

In GEAR » Stoic Hadron?
November 05, 9:16pm

Re: Golite
Looks like the Regular size is in stock at BCG...

In GEAR » Help me choose a Sleeping Bag/Quilt!!! Please :)
November 03, 10:45pm

Re: Help me choose a Sleeping Bag/Quilt!!! Please :)
Dan, If you want a bag, look at something like the Marmot Arroyo for $196. What the majority of people on this forum recommend (including myself) is a quilt, and For $230, you can get a reall...

In GEAR » Help me choose a Sleeping Bag/Quilt!!! Please :)
November 03, 1:43pm

Re: Re: Adding thumb loops
The button hole method would probably be the easiest and most durable option. Just sew the bar tack first, then cut the slit in the middle.

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding thumb loops
November 02, 7:17am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Smith

Ben Smith has posted no reviews.