Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 111 - 120 of 1464 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...147

Forum » Thread

Snow routes
To build on the comment above.....I could tell going through the Sierra that most folks were using a PCT track or Halfmiles waypoints. I saw three strategies. 1) attempt to follow the trail exact...

In GEAR » GPS for early PCT
December 15, 9:31am

Radically different trails
Here is the problem with interpreting the answers given to this question. You would think that you would get generally similiar answers from folks that hiked the same trail. The problem is that t...

December 15, 6:23am

Couldn't say it better
To the OP..... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgq-K2oYLo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWDgq-K2oYLo One of my favorite movies and quotes. :).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
December 14, 5:01pm

Inflated how?
How long would this take to setup at night?

In Make Your Own Gear » The Better Balloon Mattress
December 14, 3:22pm

Re: GPS for early PCT
I used a 62s in 2011. The high Sierra is generally straightforward. The hardest ares are in the trees and snow when there are few navigational features. Check your resupplies leaving that early. M...

December 13, 7:19pm

Spring
Would agree with suggestion to do the trip in April or even early May. There will be complete snow cover but I have found the snow to be easy to snowshoe. I have done several trip south such as Ra...

In Winter Hiking » 1000 Island Lake in winter
December 11, 7:39pm

A three month hike
Is it possible? absolutely. Can you do it? maybe. Read through this to get a feel for what is required to get into shape for a fast hike, in this case, about a hundred days in a very high snow ye...

In Philosophy & Technique » THE PCT... FOR ME?
December 11, 11:45am

Agree
On too early. I will likely fly into Vegas. For the R2R2R my wife also came along. Once we are a little closer and no injuries pop up then we can lock in arrangements. Why does my knee hurt?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
December 05, 8:12pm

AT shelters
While I have not thru hiked the AT I do have over 2300 miles on the trail. I had never stayed in shelters until a year ago and now will stay in them only in the winter when I have them to myself. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
December 05, 9:44am

Franco a #4
4) some HATE to blow up a full full length mat after hiking all day and trying to get bedroll out to sleep. Ok, its my one "namby" item.

In GEAR » air mattress pump?
December 05, 5:29am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.