BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 111 - 120 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Cuben airbeam tent
> I also like the idea of Airbeams such as nemo uses. > They are strong, could be made much lighter, and > inflate quickly and can't be broken by the wine > or snowfall. No re...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
January 02, 12:14pm

Re: Firesteel experiment
> the back of the SAK saw worked about 200% better than the LMF striker Hi John, I ran the same set of experiments last year using firesteel.com rods and found the same thing you did - th...

In GEAR » Firesteel experiment
January 01, 3:26pm

Re: heat formed Cuben canopy
> heat formed canopy > It might be possible to heat form the Mylar, although > I have some doubts. But you could not heat form the > internal threads! I think that idea has to be a...

December 31, 8:02pm

Re: : Cuben tents
> How much does your Red Tent weigh? Hi Bill, Roger's 4 pole winter tent (red) weighs 1650 grams. The outer silnylon is about 500 grams of that. The ground sheet is about 200 grams ...

December 31, 7:26pm

Re: cuben tent design
> After reading everyone's comments, I was not convinced that > an all cuben dome or tunnel tent could not be made; thus > eliminating the need for nylon panels. An all Cuben do...

December 30, 11:09pm

Re: noseeum tent floors
If I have been hiking in the rain, I'm likely going to have to set up the tent over mud (sometimes politely called wet dirt). A screen floor is going to become packed solid with mud where I lay...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 30, 3:14pm

Re: Tape
> this should not stop ingenuity. If we can tape both Cuben > and silnylon, can we design a tent which will work using a combination? Hi Roger and Lawson, I sounds from your experiences...

December 25, 4:07pm

Re: cuben tents
Getting back to the topic of trying to build a storm tent out of Cuben... if a solution to a taunt tent is a mix of silnylon and Cuben panels, then what is the best way to bond these two panels tog...

December 24, 12:25pm

Re: cuben tents
> That is why I'm trying to figure a way to get internal poles > easily installed and stabilized. And as you point out, > they don't create little snow fences (or rain collecto...

December 23, 8:21am

Re: Cuben Tent
> I have enough of the .75 breen cuben to make my tent design. I intend to make a cuben mid for 2 Hi Derek, Thanks for the description of your tent design. How many yards of Cuben do you es...

December 22, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.