November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Geist (geist) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me George Geist has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Geist

Showing 111 - 120 of 164 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Re: Solar solution to recharge laptop, please help.
I couldn't find a commercial solar charger that could fully recharge my GPS every day (that wasn't heavy and bulky). So built my own It kept everyt...

In GEAR » Solar solution to recharge laptop, please help.
January 11, 6:20am

Re: Cuben airbeam tent
> I also like the idea of Airbeams such as nemo uses. > They are strong, could be made much lighter, and > inflate quickly and can't be broken by the wine > or snowfall. No re...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
January 02, 12:14pm

Re: Firesteel experiment
> the back of the SAK saw worked about 200% better than the LMF striker Hi John, I ran the same set of experiments last year using rods and found the same thing you did - th...

In GEAR » Firesteel experiment
January 01, 3:26pm

Re: heat formed Cuben canopy
> heat formed canopy > It might be possible to heat form the Mylar, although > I have some doubts. But you could not heat form the > internal threads! I think that idea has to be a...

December 31, 8:02pm

Re: : Cuben tents
> How much does your Red Tent weigh? Hi Bill, Roger's 4 pole winter tent (red) weighs 1650 grams. The outer silnylon is about 500 grams of that. The ground sheet is about 200 grams ...

December 31, 7:26pm

Re: cuben tent design
> After reading everyone's comments, I was not convinced that > an all cuben dome or tunnel tent could not be made; thus > eliminating the need for nylon panels. An all Cuben do...

December 30, 11:09pm

Re: noseeum tent floors
If I have been hiking in the rain, I'm likely going to have to set up the tent over mud (sometimes politely called wet dirt). A screen floor is going to become packed solid with mud where I lay...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 30, 3:14pm

Re: Tape
> this should not stop ingenuity. If we can tape both Cuben > and silnylon, can we design a tent which will work using a combination? Hi Roger and Lawson, I sounds from your experiences...

December 25, 4:07pm

Re: cuben tents
Getting back to the topic of trying to build a storm tent out of Cuben... if a solution to a taunt tent is a mix of silnylon and Cuben panels, then what is the best way to bond these two panels tog...

December 24, 12:25pm

Re: cuben tents
> That is why I'm trying to figure a way to get internal poles > easily installed and stabilized. And as you point out, > they don't create little snow fences (or rain collecto...

December 23, 8:21am

All Reader Reviews by George Geist

George Geist has posted no reviews.