Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 111 - 120 of 240 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...24

Forum » Thread

sorry
My apologies James! I'm trying to remove it but I can't figure out how to delete it!

In Gear Swap » For Sale: Osprey Aether 70 (LARGE)
July 23, 8:56am

traverse
Check out the Patagonia traverse pants. Simple, stretchy, athletic pants. No fly or buttons or any of that bogus stuff. My guess is that they are much more water resistant than many of the other...

In GEAR » Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
July 22, 8:51pm

highjack removed

In Gear Swap » For Sale: Osprey Aether 70 (LARGE)
July 22, 8:46pm

below 20
With a Thermarest Prolite 3 for a pad, wearing some extra clothes and a down jacket, sleeping under a Black Diamond Megalight, I took mine below 20. I don't exactly how cold it was outside, bu...

In GEAR » Wm Ultralite temp rating
July 22, 8:44pm

Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt - anyone try it yet?
Howdy Folks, There are lots of sales right now on the Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt, but I'm sort of hesitant to get one. Has anyone tried it out yet? Anyone have any first hand experience...

In GEAR » Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt - anyone try it yet?
July 22, 12:21pm

cool
Looks awesome, way to go Mountain Hardwear

In GEAR » A 10 lb baseweight for Alpine Climbs
July 18, 10:52pm

Big Sandy area update
Hi folks, just got back this morning. We ended up going to the Big Sandy area for three nights. We weren't able to do the loop we wanted to because of lingering snowfields, instead we wandere...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range trail report
July 16, 3:14pm

thanks
What year and color is it?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Shangri-La 2
July 16, 2:12pm

WTB: Golite Shangri-La 2
If anyone can give me a butt kickin' deal, I'd like to buy a Golite Shangri-La 2

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Shangri-La 2
July 12, 9:06pm

updates
Hi folks, Just a quick update: I ran up Stough Creek Pass (technically an unnamed pass divide between Worthen Meadows and Stough Creek Basin) and there were massive snowdrifts on top. For being ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range trail report
July 12, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am