BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 111 - 120 of 587 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Stupid light
aaron wins, if only by the hutzpa to admit doing something that lame. -- and there is a line between having "plenty" of whisky, and "enough" whisky. at first, in the beginnin...

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 08, 9:17am

Re: Wetsuit question
" anyone interested in a Cervelo P2C? " i looked that up . !!!! good lord man, they're Gorgeous ... just hand it on the wall ! ---- (hold on.. let me do the "right thing...

In Packrafting » Wetsuit question
December 06, 8:07pm

Re: Advice needed for DOWN BOOTIES
i have had really decent service from an old pair of goretex socks. i wear them over my sleepy-socks (not My name for them, i assure you ... ) and that keeps feets warm on outside-the-tent adventur...

In GEAR » Advice needed for DOWN BOOTIES
December 06, 6:30am

Re: Beware Chinese canisters!
possibly the best-ever .. ever , thread on bpl. gas stratification (it happens. it really really does). eluding to the possible return of dreaded and possibly fatal brownian motion discussions of...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
December 04, 7:34am

Re: Fabrics and tearing?
so .. yes.. go with #3, and expect some attrition too.( #4 ? ) we don't have the data as to if your bag was torn during use, or was damaged in transit. i use a very stout pack, and that pro...

In GEAR » Fabrics and tearing?
December 03, 8:35pm

Re: Just a matter of zippers...
one might sew together two zippers side to side. sort of an adaptor affair. like making cables usb to RS-32 or such. v.

In GEAR » Bag Coupling Question
December 02, 7:38am

Re: Re: Punch not drill?
will a small punch shatter ? ohh ya ! like gangbusters.n if you stop a moment and ponder how a punch works (is like a shear, but round), you will see that as a punch gets smaller, there is ever ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Saws
November 27, 9:07am

Re: Drilling Holes in Saw Blades
"spot annealing ", that's a good tip. if you are troll such as i, the drill bit sort of does that as it gets dull : ) i will try it when i get to drill'n 2" blades. che...

In GEAR » Ultralight Saws
November 26, 2:59pm

Re: heating vs. cooling
interesting thread, and LOTS of good info. i may relate that a few times i was rafting for many hours,a nd then stopped (to pee), i felt fine when i hit the gravel bar, and walked a few steps, the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting warm, staying warm, & vice versa
November 26, 10:20am

Re: Spray foam stove pad for snow camping?
perhaps not foam, but the burn-proof cloth used by welding contractors to keep sparks form damaging windows (welding sparks do that) wieghs not very much, and simply will not burn at temps less tha...

In GEAR » Spray foam stove pad for snow camping?
November 21, 5:29am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm